Exam stress and exam fear are two of the most common things observed among the students. Both are not actually the same but it has been observed that each of the terms are used interchangeably. Though they are not exactly the same but are greatly related to each other.
Understanding Exam Stress and Exam Fear
Exam stress is actually the excessive stress faced by the students at the time of their exam usually before the commencement of exam and also while it is ongoing.
On the other hand, exam fear or exam phobia is the fear of examinations that the students face. Here the main fear is associated with failing in the examination or not scoring good as per the expectation.
Reasons Behind Exam Fear and Exam Stress
There are a number of reasons as to why exam stress and exam fear occurs which are as enumerated below.
Preparation is Not Adequate
Inadequate preparation is the most common reason of occurrence of stress as well as fear. When the preparation is not sufficient, the students are doubtful about their performance in the exam and as a result of stress, the fear begins to develop among the students.
Pressure from Peer and Family
Pressure is another major contributory factor to the fear of the students. The pressure of performing good in the exams from the teachers, parents, relatives and others add up the fear as well as stress of the students. Pressure from peer group is also an important factor in this regard.
Irrational or Vague Beliefs
It has been observed that some irrational and vague beliefs of the students like feeling of worthlessness if score is not good, parents will be very angry and throw them out if result is not good etc. are the major reasons for exam stress.
The thought of the students of failing in the examinations induces a lot of fear in them which creates a negative impact on the performance.
Apart from these, there are a number of other causes that creates the exam fear and stress but these are the most common ones.
Homeopathic treatment is certainly the best for the treatment of exam stress. When a homeopathic remedy is chosen very carefully, it gives successful results. Some of the major medicines used for the homeopathic treatment of exam stress are as listed below.
- Arsenicum– Ideal for the ones who feel very anxious particularly after midnight
- Kali Phos – It acts as a great nutrient for the nerve which is highly effective in case of physical despair arising out of excitement, fatigue, headache, weaknesses etc.
- Argentum nitricum– Used for the individuals who behave irritably and repent it later
- Gelsemium– Helpful for the ones who suffer from performance nerves and lack confidence
- Anacardium– This medicine is used when nervous exhaustion occurs
- Lycopodium– It is a remedy for the ones who tend to over prepare
Thus, effective use of homeopathic treatment tends to produce very good results for dealing with exam stress and fear.
Among the many problems faced by people, one of the common problems is that of acne. This is most commonly seen in teenage girls and boys. Apart from the adolescence age, this problem can also occur at a later stage. Something which is most commonly found in people of all ages is the delay in getting the right treatment for this problem. People usually feel that an acne problem will resolve in time without the need for any medication. This notion is false a visit to a qualified homeopathic doctor and the treatment path selected by him could increase the probability of addressing the issue of Acne once and for all.
Acne effects – Physical and mental
The effect of acne is not only physical, but also harms a person mentally. This is because it causes lack of confidence to move out, go with friends, share study group with peers etc. Homeopathic treatment for this problem can be the best option wherein the patient can be treated with minimal or no side –effects.
What is acne
It is considered to be a disease that involves oil glands present in the skin. Though not dangerous, it could leave the visible scars on the skin. They appear generally on the individual’s neck, shoulders, chest, back and face. Acne eruptions have been categorized into three types that depend on the severity and look.
- Simplex: The eruptions are smaller in size and are seen mostly on the face and could have mid bacterial infection.
- Vulgaris: These kinds of eruptions take place mostly in those areas having dense sebaceous follicles. It appears as inflammatory papules, nodules and pustules.
- Rosacea: It is regarded to be a severe form, where the confluent pustules and red papules are viewed with greater degree of redness, in the region of eruptions.
Causes & occurrence
- Acne might occur not only among adolescents, but also in adults between 30 and 35 years.
Hereditary inborn trait is said to be the primary cause.
- Sebaceous glands can begin to overreact to hormones, thus giving growth to blocked greasy skin and infected blackheads and pores.
- Before menstrual period starts, acne present in women and girls gets worse. Conditions such as PCOD also cause acne.
- Mental stress, anxiety, night watching, lack of sleep, indignation and anger can further worsen acne.Humid and hot climates also could lead to sweating and increase the eruptions, if cleanliness is not properly maintained. Several oil based products such as lubricating lotions, moisturizing creams, makeup containing oil could aggravate acne. Squeezing pimples could cause acne to worsen and scars to appear. Specific hair products are greasy and cause acne. Also, dandruff is a major factor, which could lead to fungal infection.
Homeopathic remedy to acne
Homeopathy is considered to be a wonderful remedy for treating acne and is being used for ages. Unlike allopathic medicines, homeopathic ones are safe and do not have any side effects. This acne treatment aims to take care of the precipitative and causative aspects and provides the best results.
- The disturbed intestinal flora, accumulation of nitrogen wastes and constipation leads to outbreaks on the skin can be easily tackled by medicines such as Acid tannic, Granatum, Allium Sativa and Natrum Phos.
- Excessive perspiration and co-existing dandruff that are said to be part of the acne prone skin is tackled perfectly with Thuja, Sanicula, Badiaga, etc.
- The kind of acne and its location is also vital while prescribing the medicines. It is necessary to wash the face at least two times a day with mild soap and warm water. The skin should be not scrubbed.
- Pimples should not be pressed or squeezed, since it could push the infection and cause more swelling, redness and also blocking.
- Only clean and soft cloth should be used for wiping the face. An experienced and well known specialist is to be visited to get the desired medication and treatment.