What is Oral Lichen Planus?
Oral Lichen Planus (OLP) is an inflammatory condition affecting the mucous membranes inside the mouth (i.e. the inner surface of the cheeks, tongue, gums, inner surface of lips and palate). A condition that leads to the development of white, lacy patterned lesions or sores in the mouth.
Oral Lichen Planus is an auto-immune disease. The T-cells of the immune system get activated and attack the lining of the mouth, resulting in inflammation and lesions.
What causes Oral Lichen Planus?
The following factors can cause you to develop Oral Lichen Planus –
- Having an auto-immune disorder
- Sustaining an injury to the mouth
- Having an Oral infection
- Taking certain medications
- Having an allergic reaction to something that has come into contact with the mouth, like food or dental appliances
What are the signs and symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus?
The white, lacy patches may cause pain and discomfort when they appear on the inside of the cheeks. However, symptoms accompanying red, swollen patches and open sores may include –
- Burning sensation and pain
- Sensitivity to hot, spicy and acidic food
- Bleeding and irritation while brushing teeth
- Inflammation of gum
- Painful and thickened patches on the tongue
- Discomfort when speaking, chewing or swallowing
The symptoms can usually be managed, but people who have oral lichen planus need regular monitoring as they may be at the risk of developing mouth cancer in the affected areas.
How can Homeopathy help in treating Oral Lichen Planus?
Homeopathic medicines for oral lichen planus help heal the lesions and sores and also help in treating the symptoms like pain, burning sensation and bleeding of lesions.
Homeopathic medicines such as Borax, Plantago, Merc Sol are some of the natural remedies that help in treating Oral Lichen Planus.
- Merc Sol is one of the top homeopathic medicines for Oral Lichen Planus as it works effectively in cases where there are red and inflamed patches in the mucous membrane of the mouth.
- Plantago is a natural homeopathic medicine prepared from the plant Plantago and works well in cases where there are sores in the mouth and bleeding from the gums.
- Borax is a well indicated homeopathic remedy for oral lichen planus attended with fungal infections of the mouth.
Homeopathy provides excellent medicines to treat Oral Lichen Planus. The homeopathic medicines are natural, safe and effective.
Dr. Mahavrat’s homeopathic remedies and treatments for Oral Lichen Planus have no side effects. Book your appointment at Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre for the most effective homeopathic treatments.
What is Oral Lichen Planus?
Oral Lichen planus is a skin disease affecting any lining mucosa. Although it can affect any one, it is mostly women over 50 years of age who are majorly affected. Oral Lichen Planus, as the name itself suggests, targets mainly the oral cavity. It is also known to affect the oesophageal, vaginal mucosa and the overall skin.
What Causes Oral Lichen Planus?
After we got a basic understanding of the disease, let us now find out what is the cause behind oral lichen planus. The exact cause has still not been determined but it is known to be caused due to a combination of genetics and immunity. Studies have shown that oral lichen planus is caused by the body’s reaction to antigen present on the skin surface or mucosa. While some researchers believe that the disease is an autoimmune disorder where-in the oral skin cells are under attack from the white blood cells. Some other doctors are of the opinion that lichen planus is a cell-initiated immune response and does not react to any particular antigen. So, they are not ready to classify it as an autoimmune disorder as of now.
What are the symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus?
The main symptoms of oral lichen planus are lesions on the mucous membranes of the mouth. These lesions can be of different shapes and sizes like lacy, white, raised patches of tissues, red, swollen, tender patches of tissues and open sores. These lesions can occur anywhere in the mouth like the inside part of cheeks, gums, tongue, inner tissues of lips and palate. All these symptoms can cause difficulty while talking, eating spicy food and cause extreme discomfort.
How to treat Oral Lichen Planus?
There are many forms of treatment available for lichen planus of the oral cavity. These include allopathy as well as homeopathy. In most cases, the oral lichen planus does not need continuous treatment expect periodic observation. If you are experiencing pain or any form of discomfort then you should consider treatment.
Allopathy treatment consists of symptomatic treatment like topical numbing agents to provide temporary relief from the pain. Doctors also prescribe corticosteroids to bring down any inflammation or swelling developed around the lesions. These can be topical, oral or in the form of injections. A big negative of the allopathy form of treatment is that there can be side-effects.
How Can Homeopathy help treat Oral Lichen Planus?
If a person suffering from oral lichen planus is not getting the desired results from allopathy or Ayurveda, then he/she can go for homeopathy treatment as it is fast emerging as an alternative to treat oral lichen planus.
One of the main reasons for choosing homeopathy treatment is because it is one of the safest forms of treatment and as oral lichen planus involves sensitive areas like the mouth, it always helps to be careful.
Read more: Homeopathy Treatment for Oral Lichen Planus
Homeopathic treatment is best suited for skin diseases as it removes the disease from the roots and tries to find a proper cure. The problem with other forms of treatment is that they only reduce the symptoms but do not offer any concrete solution.This is exactly the reason as to why homeopathic treatment is considered to offer a much better cure as compared to other forms of medicines.
Lichen planus refers to an inflammatory disorder which gives rise to lesions in the mouth or the oral cavity, skin and the genitals. These lesions actually occur in rows of clusters that are usually flat topped raised and dark in appearance. Oral lichen planus occurs inside the mouth or the oral cavity which appears as white patches or just as web like thread inside the cheek of the affected individuals.
Symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus
Focusing on the symptoms of oral lichen planus is necessarily an important part of the treatment procedure. A few major symptoms of oral lichen planus are as listed below.
- Formation of lesions inside the mouth
- Usually the eruptions are formed in rows or clusters that have flat tops with the diameter of a few millimetres
- Formation of white patches inside the oral cavity and at times they might be reddish in colour or shiny in appearance
- Sensation of burning pain in the mouth
- Mouth becomes dry with a metallic taste or a quite blunted taste sensation
Homeopathic Treatment of Oral Lichen Planus at CHHC
The use of modern medicines actually finds very little help for lichen planus. The conventional treatment uses dapsone, antihistamines, tropical and systemic steroids. But the use of these medicines over a long period of time can give rise to a number of side effects This is exactly where homeopathic treatment comes to the rescue of the affected individuals. This alternative medicine offers a very promising treatment for oral lichen planus.
Homeopathic treatment for oral lichen planus OLP at CHHC targets the psycho somatic nature of the disorder which not only cures the body but also the mind as well thereby providing the users with long lasting results. One of the best parts of homeopathic treatment is that is prevent relapses in the future and most importantly, the treatment is free from any kinds of side effects. This is exactly the reason as to why homeopathic treatment is considered to offer a much better cure as compared to other forms of medicines.
The most common drug used in case of treatment of oral lichen planus is Ignatia. The treatment so conducted by the doctors at CHHC is usually different from one affected individual to the other. It actually depends on the condition of the affected individual. Another very common homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of oral lichen planus is Borax. Plantago and Merc Sol are the other two important medicines which are used for treating the eruptions in mouth as well as the tongue. So, at any point of time, you are affected by oral lichen planus, do not waste any more time and come to CHHC for the most effective homeopathic treatment in this regard.
Self Care for Oral Lichen Planus
Self care for oral lichen planus is of immense importance along with the homeopathic treatment so as to offer the best results. It is quite essential to properly monitor the diet in an addition to the homeopathic treatment for the disease. Here we have listed a few of the proven self care tips for effective treatment for oral lichen planus.
- Eating a very well balanced diet with the primary focus on fresh fruits as well as raw vegetables
- It is better to avoid spicy foods or caffeinated drinks like coffee and colas
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
- Regular visit to the dentists for a complete oral examination
- Follow stress relieving methods and practice yoga or meditation
Thus, it can be very well understood that a strategic combination of effective homeopathic treatment along with a few self care measures can provide the best treatment to oral lichen planus.
Lichen planus is actually an inflammatory condition that is chronic in nature mainly affects the mouth or the oral cavity, skin and the genitals. Lichen planus is occurring in rows of clusters of skin lesions which are flat-topped, raised and dark in appearance. Lichen planus is an autoimmune condition where chronic recurrent rashes appear as a result of inflammation. Among all the types, oral lichen planus forms a major part that affects human beings. Oral lichen planus as can be understood by the name occurs in the mouth or oral cavity.
Symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus
It is quite important to have a clear understanding of the symptoms of oral lichen planus so that proper treatment procedures can be started. Some of the important symptoms of oral lichen planus are as follows.
- Slow and gradual onset of eruptions in the mouth
- Usually, the eruptions are formed in rows or clusters that have flat tops with the diameter of a few millimeters
- Very small and pale raised areas forming a lacy network on the inner cheeks but formation on the tongue is rare. Sometimes the lesions so formed might be shiny and reddish in appearance
- Feeling of soreness, burning pain and tenderness in the mouth particularly at the time of consuming spicy foods
- The mouth becomes dry with a metallic taste or a quite blunted taste sensation
- An occurrence of painful as well as recurrent ulcers in the oral cavity
Causes of Oral Lichen Planus
Though the exact causes of oral lichen planus are not known some of the common factors which can trigger the onset of these lesions are as listed below.
- Being an autoimmune disease, any immune or allergic reaction to any medicines or other substance can cause lichen planus
- Lichen planus can occur as a result of any infection like hepatitis C
- Consumption of drugs which contain arsenic, quinidine, bismuth etc. or some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or the medicines used for the treatment of high blood pressure
- Continuous and intense emotional stress as a result of extreme sadness, grief etc. can cause the abnormal functioning of the body’s immune system which in lead to the formation of lesions
- Dental fillings might trigger allergic reactions which can cause oral lichen planus
Homeopathic Treatment of Oral Lichen Planus
Homeopathic treatment for oral lichen planus aims at the restoration of the proper immune system of the body focussing on a complete cure instead of just suppressing the symptoms. This is the reason as to why homeopathic treatment offers a better cure as compared to other forms of medicines. Ignatia is the most common drug used to administer oral lichen planus. The treatment usually varies from person to person depending on the condition of the affected person. Borax is another common homeopathic medicine used for treating oral lichen planus. Plantago and Merc Sol are the other two important medicines which are used for treating the eruptions in the mouth as well as the tongue.
Are you looking for the Homeopathy Treatment for Oral Lichen Planus call: +91-265-2250212 / +91 97236 69210