Sinusitis is actually a swelling or inflammation of the tissue that lines the sinuses. At the time when the sinuses are healthy, they are filled with air. But when they are filled or blocked with fluid and germs infection can be caused. This is exactly when the sinus gets inflamed and is referred to as sinusitis.
Types of Sinusitis
Sinusitis has been classified into the following.
- Acute Sinusitis – It starts with very similar symptoms of normal cold like stuffy and runny nose along with facial pain. This might start all of a sudden and last for about 2 to 4 weeks.
- Subacute Sinusitis – This sinusitis is associated with inflammation of the of the sinus along with pain which usually lasts for about 4 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic Sinusitis – This is a more severe form of sinusitis with severe pain and inflammation lasting for more than 12 weeks.
- Recurrent Sinusitis – As can be understood from the name, this form of sinusitis is not so severe but occurs many times in a year.
Common Causes of Chronic Sinusitis
A few of the most common causes of sinusitis are as listed below.
- Common cold
- Nasal polyps that are actually very small growths occurring at the lining of the nose
- Allergic rhinitis where the lining of the nose swells
- Shift of the nasal cavity or deviated septum
Signs and Symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis
The common signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis which might last longer than 12 weeks are as follows.
- A feeling of fullness and congestion in the face
- Nasal blockage or obstruction making it difficult to breathe freely
- Presence of pus in the nasal cavity
- Moderate to high fever
- Runny nose or a discoloured postnasal discharge
Take a look at our video here for more:
How CHHC Helps in Homeopathic Treatment?
Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre provides top quality homeopathic treatment for sinusitis for an effective cure of the same. Sinusitis homeopathic treatment works very well and is extremely effective in nature. Most importantly, there are no side effects of the homeopathic medicines which is the ultimate reason of preference of the homeopathic treatment. The homeopathic medicines are a much safer option and enhances the defence system of the body so that it is able to fight with infection. The experienced doctors at CHHC uses a few of the most common homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of sinusitis are as listed below.
- Arsenicum – Used when there is a feel of throbbing and burning pains in the sinuses
- Belladona – This medicine is perfect when there is a feeling of fullness in the head as if it can just burst.
- Hepar Sulphur – It is an appropriate remedy when the affected individual sneezes and the nostrils become sore along with bursting pain.
- Kali Bichromicum – This is the most appropriate medicine when there is a thick stringy discharge from the nose.
- Mercurius – It helps to provide relief when the head feels heavy associated with an irresistible pain.
- Pulsatilla – Another of the common medicine used when there is a lot of head pain because of chronic sinusitis.
- Spigella – Perfect homeopathic medicine at the time when there is a sharp shooting pain in the head and around the eyes.