What is Asthma?
Asthma is a breathing disorder that occurs at the time when the airways to the lungs swell and narrow which reduces the amount of air that can pass through. This in turn leads to difficulty in breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing, tightness of chest along with persistent coughing.
Symptoms of Asthma
The symptoms of asthma are required to be closely monitored so as to provide timely care and treatment to the patient. Some of the major sings and symptoms of asthma are as listed below.
- Coughing particularly at night, the cough might be with or without sputum production
- The skin tends to pull in between the ribs at the time of breathing
- Shortness of breath which gets worse at the time of exercising or other physical activity
- Tightness of chest with a feeling of pain as well as pressure
- Wheezing that comes in episodes which gets worse at night or at early morning with symptoms free periods in between
Some of the emergency symptoms of asthma especially an attack of asthma are as follows.
- Pale and blue lips as well as face
- Extreme difficulty to breath
- Sweating and rapid pulse
- Severe anxiety and decreased alertness level during an attack of asthma
Causes of Asthma
The major causes of asthma are as detailed below.
Allergy is one of the major causes of asthma. The allergy occurs due to certain substances which are termed as allergen. These allergens can be a variety of things like
- Food items like prawns, eggs, shell fish etc.
- Feathers, hair and dander of animals
Colder temperature and wind and chemicals in the air can cause a trigger to the asthma attack.
Asthma can occur because of an infection or irritation of the respiratory tract. It can also occur as a result of a gastrointestinal upset caused by irregular meals, faulty eating habits, hyperacidity etc.
There are certain emotional factors like emotional worries or tensions, anxiety etc. can trigger sudden attacks of asthma.
Treatment of Asthma
Homeopathic treatment of asthma is a much preferred choice as compared to the conventional treatment options especially the use of inhalers and other medications. These options for treatment are many times associated with a number of side effects like increased heart rate, weakness of muscles, changes in the behaviour & mood, nausea, vomiting etc. So, in this regard, homeopathic treatment is a better choice to treat the disorder without any side effects and thereby a safer option. Homeopathic treatment makes use of natural medicines that are completely safe and the treatment focuses on easing the symptoms of asthma as a whole. The medicines so used are as per the exact conditions and the symptoms of the affected individual thereby providing better results.