Skin is actually the largest organ of the body which weighs about 4 kg on an average of an adult human being. It approximately covers an area of about two square metres. The skin serves a lot of functions and among them the most important is the protection against chemicals, microbes, radiation etc. The skin also helps in the preservation of the proper balance of the internal environment by helping to keep us warm and prevents us from drying up. Moreover, the skin has the sensation of touch in all its variety.
Main Parts of Skin
The skin of human beings has two main parts that are as follows.
Epidermis – This is the superficial layer of the skin with varying thickness in various places of the body like 0.1 mm on the eyelids and 1 mm on the soles of the feet. The epidermis is devoid of blood vessels and the most superficial layer is dead which sheds constantly.
Dermis – It is the inner layer of the skin lying below the dermis supporting as well as nourishing it along with providing a number of other functions and immunity.
Allergies of the Skin
Skin problems are very commonly occurring and studies have revealed that about 20 to 30 percent of the population suffer from some or the other skin problems. The most commonly occurring skin problems is skin allergies which can be of numerous types and is mostly curable. The most serious form of skin problem is malignant melanoma which is actually the most aggressive form of skin cancer.
Skin allergies include eczema, psoriasis, hives and a number of others. Some other allergies of skin are induced by the external environment like bites of insects, exposure of chemicals, burns etc. The different types allergies of the skin are characterised by something different such as rashes, reddening of skin, itching sensation, bumps of skin and many more.
Homeopathic Treatment of Skin Allergies
Homeopathic treatment for skin allergies is certainly one of the most preferred form of treatment whether it be eczema, psoriasis or the others. This is because of the fact that homeopathy tries to holistically take care of the allergies of the skin by the treatment of the underlying causes rather than just supressing the symptoms of the condition that has occurred. In an addition to this, treatment with homeopathy makes sure that there are no side effects. This is undoubtedly one of the major reasons as to why most of the affected individuals with some or the other skin allergies opt for homeopathic treatment.
How CHHC Helps?
CHHC is one of the most trusted and reputed homeopathic clinics that helps the individuals affected with skin allergies offering them with the best possible treatment. The doctors at the clinic are adequately trained and vastly experienced so as to make sure that only the best as well as the most effective homeopathic medicines are prescribed for the purpose of offering the best cure. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines used by CHHC for dealing with the skin allergies are as listed below.
- Arsenicum – It is used to treat the ailments of the skin in cases where the skin gets thickened like in cases of chronic eczema, chronic urticarial and psoriasis.
- Apis Mellifica – This medicine is used for urticarial infections with a sudden onset of formation of welts that is widespread.
- Hepar Sulphur – It is of great help in the treatment of moist eruptions on the folds of the skin as well as joints.
- Caladium – Caladium is great in case of asthmatics who tend to suffer from rashes.
- Medorrhinum – It is used for especially the babies who have rashes around their anus referred to as the diaper rashes. This medicine helps in the eruptions to subside.
- Sulphur – Sulphur is just great for rashes that are extremely itchy with a burning sensation. It is good for rough, dry and peeling skin or in cases of fluid filled bumps or blisters.
- Psorinum – This is an extremely powerful homeopathic medicines for itching and skin rashes particularly in the bend of joints.
- Belladonna – It is used for sudden appearance of bright red rashes along with a feeling of heat and the rashes appear intensely.
- Camphora – This is remedy for rash that arises as a result of exposure to sun.
So, at any point of time you feel that you are facing a lot of trouble with skin allergies, do not waste any more time and come to CHHC for getting the best treatment from the most experienced doctors.
Psoriasis is one of the most common skin problems that people suffer This skin problem occurs due to a defective immune system. The skin cells are forced to develop on the surface of the skin forcing them to form scales or red patches which are itchy and painful also.
Causes of Psoriasis
Although the actual cause is unknown, it is often believed that a combination of elements that leads to this health condition. Psoriasis is basically an auto immune disease where excess of skin cells is caused by the inflammatory chemicals which are produced by T-cells that are specialized white blood cells. The T cells in general travel through the body for defending it against foreign substances but due to the defect in the immune system of the body the T cells attack the healthy cells of the skin as if to fight an infection or heal a wound. These overactive T cells also promotes an increased production of healthy skin cells, T cells and other white blood cells particularly the neutrophils.
These cells them travel into the skin causing the skin to redden and at times pus also develops in the pustular lesions. This process of formation of new skin cells continue where the new skin cells very quickly move to the outermost layer of the skin in very quick time which results in skin cells building up thick and in scaly patches on the surface of the skin. This ongoing cycle causes psoriasis until a treatment takes place. Now, the reason for malfunctioning of the T cells is not completely clear. Researches reveal that a combination of genetic as well as environmental factors play a crucial role. Some of the major factors that trigger psoriasis are as follows.
- Infections of the skin like strep throat and others
- Skin injury such as a cut, scrape, bite of a bug or a very severe sunburn
- Excessive smoking
- Too much consumption of alcohol
- Extreme stress
- Deficiency of vitamin D
- Consumption of some medicines for bipolar disorder, antimalarial drugs, blood pressure etc.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Psoriasis affects almost all parts of the body but It commonly affects the skin around the elbows, scalp and knees. The signs and symptoms of psoriasis differ from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of this skin disease are as follows.
- Thick silvery scales that cover the red patches of skin
- Cracked and dry skin that could bleed
- Small scaling spots particularly seen in the children
- Soreness, Itching and burning
- Ridged, thickened and pitted
- Stiff and Swollen joints
Common Types of Psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis: Most common and causes dry, raised and red colored skin scratches that is itchy and painful.
- Nail psoriasis: This affects the fingernails and toenails resulting in pitting, abnormal and unusual nail growth and nail discoloration.
- Guttate psoriasis: Mostly seen in children and young adults. It is mainly triggered by infection caused by bacteria and causes small, tear shaped, scaling cuts on the scalp, trunk, arms and legs.
- Inverse psoriasis: Mainly affects the skin under the arms, groin, under the breasts and genitals and results in smooth red patches of swollen skin.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Psoriasis can also affect the joints causing pain apart from the inflammation and scaly skin. It is called Psoriatic Arthritis.
Diagnosis of Psoriasis
In most of the cases of psoriasis, the diagnosis of the condition is quite a straightforward one. The very well trained doctors at CHHC usually begin with a physical examination by checking the skin thoroughly along with the nails and scalp. The doctors at the clinic also collect information about the medical history of the affected individual along with an enquiry about the family history of psoriasis. In some cases, lab tests are required to be performed in order to know the depth of the condition where a skin biopsy is done. A small sample of skin in taken and examined in order to diagnose the exact type of psoriasis and ruling out the other conditions of the skin.
Homeopathic Treatment of Psoriasis by CHHC
Psoriasis being an auto immune disease is not completely curable but with effective treatment procedures the skin disease can be kept under control. The homeopathic treatment for psoriasis tries to relieve the affected individuals in easing the symptoms and thus keeping the disease in control. As homeopathic medicines are made from natural ingredients, there is almost no side effects yet they are quite effective in treating the same.
In the case of Psoriasis, what homeopathy does is it focuses on the cause of a problem and intends to correct the cause that has triggered the cell division and also the skin inflammation. Once this is accomplished, the symptoms begin to vanish and the skin starts to look normal. The treatments in homeopathy may not show overnight results but in the long run will make you healthier and rejuvenated.
Some of the most effective homeopathic medicines used by the doctors at CHHC that helps to quite effectively deal with the condition of Psoriasis are as listed below.
- Arsenic Album: Effective for Psoriasis with Silver Scales
- Graphites Naturalis: Taken for Psoriasis with cracked skin
- Arsenic Iodatum: Advised for Psoriasis with shedding of large scales
- Kali Ars: Administered for Psoriasis that leaves discoloration on the skin
Thus, for any types of psoriasis or similar symptoms, do not hesitate to contact CHHC for the best possible homeopathy remedy.
So, if you are facing any kinds of problems with psoriasis, do not waste any more time and opt of psoriasis cure in homeopathy.