What is Oral Lichen Planus?
Oral Lichen Planus (OLP) is an inflammatory condition affecting the mucous membranes inside the mouth (i.e. the inner surface of the cheeks, tongue, gums, inner surface of lips and palate). A condition that leads to the development of white, lacy patterned lesions or sores in the mouth.
Oral Lichen Planus is an auto-immune disease. The T-cells of the immune system get activated and attack the lining of the mouth, resulting in inflammation and lesions.
What causes Oral Lichen Planus?
The following factors can cause you to develop Oral Lichen Planus –
- Having an auto-immune disorder
- Sustaining an injury to the mouth
- Having an Oral infection
- Taking certain medications
- Having an allergic reaction to something that has come into contact with the mouth, like food or dental appliances
What are the signs and symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus?
The white, lacy patches may cause pain and discomfort when they appear on the inside of the cheeks. However, symptoms accompanying red, swollen patches and open sores may include –
- Burning sensation and pain
- Sensitivity to hot, spicy and acidic food
- Bleeding and irritation while brushing teeth
- Inflammation of gum
- Painful and thickened patches on the tongue
- Discomfort when speaking, chewing or swallowing
The symptoms can usually be managed, but people who have oral lichen planus need regular monitoring as they may be at the risk of developing mouth cancer in the affected areas.
How can Homeopathy help in treating Oral Lichen Planus?
Homeopathic medicines for oral lichen planus help heal the lesions and sores and also help in treating the symptoms like pain, burning sensation and bleeding of lesions.
Homeopathic medicines such as Borax, Plantago, Merc Sol are some of the natural remedies that help in treating Oral Lichen Planus.
- Merc Sol is one of the top homeopathic medicines for Oral Lichen Planus as it works effectively in cases where there are red and inflamed patches in the mucous membrane of the mouth.
- Plantago is a natural homeopathic medicine prepared from the plant Plantago and works well in cases where there are sores in the mouth and bleeding from the gums.
- Borax is a well indicated homeopathic remedy for oral lichen planus attended with fungal infections of the mouth.
Homeopathy provides excellent medicines to treat Oral Lichen Planus. The homeopathic medicines are natural, safe and effective.
Dr. Mahavrat’s homeopathic remedies and treatments for Oral Lichen Planus have no side effects. Book your appointment at Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre for the most effective homeopathic treatments.
Lung fibrosis or pulmonary fibrosis is a disease of the lungs where the tissues of the lungs becomes scarred and damaged. This damaged tissue makes it difficult for the lungs to function properly. The worsening or severity of the disease makes the affected individual short of breath. The increase in damage of the lungs worsens the condition of the affected individual and very sadly this damage so caused to the lungs is irreversible. Proper and timely treatment reduces the progression of the disease and improves the quality of life. In the worst cases, lung transplant is the only solution that remains.
Symptoms of Lung Fibrosis to Watch Out For
The signs and symptoms of lung fibrosis should be closely observed so as to administer proper medicines as well as treatment procedures which helps in the progression of the disease any further. Some of the important symptoms of the disease are as follows.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing properly and the condition worsens at the time of climbing stairs or any strenuous activities
- Persistent cough that is dry in nature
- Extreme tiredness or fatigue without any explained cause
- Loss of weigh without any significant explanation
- Aching of the joints and the muscles
- Tips of the fingers widening or rounding
The symptoms and its severity vary from person to person as per the severity of disease.
Causes of Lung Fibrosis
Lung fibrosis thickens and scars the tissue present around the alveoli of the lungs which makes the passing of oxygen into the blood difficult. Some of the notable causes of Lung fibrosis are as listed below.
- Environmental factors or occupational hazards can cause lung fibrosis. Long term and constant exposure to different pollutants as well as toxins such as asbestos fibres, coal dust, grain dust, hard metal dust, silica dust etc. can cause lung fibrosis.
- Radiation therapy or treatments for breast or lung cancer can cause damage to the lungs. The degree of damage depends on the total amount of exposure to radiation and the portion of lungs that underwent the radiation treatment. The lung damage can be even more if chemotherapy was also used and the disease of the lungs for which the treatment was used.
- There are a number of drugs when used can cause lung fibrosis such as some heart medications like amiodarone might harm the tissues of the lungs. Use of some antibiotics like nitrofurantoin or ethambutol and some anti inflammatory drugs like rituximab or sulfasalazine can cause damage to the lungs.
- There are some medical conditions or diseases such as scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, pneumonia, systemic lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, dermatomyositis, sarcoidosis and polymyositis can give rise to lung fibrosis.
Homeopathic treatment for lung fibrosis is aimed at preventing further damage of the lung tissue. A number of homeopathic medicines are used on the affected individuals so as to improve their quality of life which is exactly what is done by CHHC. The most common medicines used in this regard are beryllium and silica which have proved to be very effective in the treatment of the damaged lung tissues. The treatment depends of the extent of damage of lung tissue and the underlying cause of the damage. In many of the cases, arsenum jodatum, calcium carbonicum, lycopodium and teucrium scorodonia are the homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of lung fibrosis.
Why Should People Opt for Homeopathic Treatment?
Homeopathic treatment for lung fibrosis is extremely effective in nature and the vastly experienced doctors at CHHC makes sure that the best possible treatment is offered. The doctors at CHHC make use of the appropriate combination of the homeopathic medicines that too in the correct dosages so as to offer the users with an effective treatment. In an addition to this, the homeopathic medicines aim at the removal of the underlying cause of the disease and not just suppressing the symptoms which is exactly the reason as to why people prefer to opt for homeopathic treatment. Most importantly, the homeopathic medicines do not cause any kinds of side effects which another of the major reason as to why the people should be opting for homeopathic treatment for lung fibrosis. So, at any point of time, you feel lung fibrosis is giving you problems, do not look further and come to CHHC.