Psoriasis is one of the most common skin problems that people suffer This skin problem occurs due to a defective immune system. The skin cells are forced to develop on the surface of the skin forcing them to form scales or red patches which are itchy and painful also.
Causes of Psoriasis
Although the actual cause is unknown, it is often believed that a combination of elements that leads to this health condition. Psoriasis is basically an auto immune disease where excess of skin cells is caused by the inflammatory chemicals which are produced by T-cells that are specialized white blood cells. The T cells in general travel through the body for defending it against foreign substances but due to the defect in the immune system of the body the T cells attack the healthy cells of the skin as if to fight an infection or heal a wound. These overactive T cells also promotes an increased production of healthy skin cells, T cells and other white blood cells particularly the neutrophils.
These cells them travel into the skin causing the skin to redden and at times pus also develops in the pustular lesions. This process of formation of new skin cells continue where the new skin cells very quickly move to the outermost layer of the skin in very quick time which results in skin cells building up thick and in scaly patches on the surface of the skin. This ongoing cycle causes psoriasis until a treatment takes place. Now, the reason for malfunctioning of the T cells is not completely clear. Researches reveal that a combination of genetic as well as environmental factors play a crucial role. Some of the major factors that trigger psoriasis are as follows.
- Infections of the skin like strep throat and others
- Skin injury such as a cut, scrape, bite of a bug or a very severe sunburn
- Excessive smoking
- Too much consumption of alcohol
- Extreme stress
- Deficiency of vitamin D
- Consumption of some medicines for bipolar disorder, antimalarial drugs, blood pressure etc.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Psoriasis affects almost all parts of the body but It commonly affects the skin around the elbows, scalp and knees. The signs and symptoms of psoriasis differ from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of this skin disease are as follows.
- Thick silvery scales that cover the red patches of skin
- Cracked and dry skin that could bleed
- Small scaling spots particularly seen in the children
- Soreness, Itching and burning
- Ridged, thickened and pitted
- Stiff and Swollen joints
Common Types of Psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis: Most common and causes dry, raised and red colored skin scratches that is itchy and painful.
- Nail psoriasis: This affects the fingernails and toenails resulting in pitting, abnormal and unusual nail growth and nail discoloration.
- Guttate psoriasis: Mostly seen in children and young adults. It is mainly triggered by infection caused by bacteria and causes small, tear shaped, scaling cuts on the scalp, trunk, arms and legs.
- Inverse psoriasis: Mainly affects the skin under the arms, groin, under the breasts and genitals and results in smooth red patches of swollen skin.
- Psoriatic arthritis: Psoriasis can also affect the joints causing pain apart from the inflammation and scaly skin. It is called Psoriatic Arthritis.
Diagnosis of Psoriasis
In most of the cases of psoriasis, the diagnosis of the condition is quite a straightforward one. The very well trained doctors at CHHC usually begin with a physical examination by checking the skin thoroughly along with the nails and scalp. The doctors at the clinic also collect information about the medical history of the affected individual along with an enquiry about the family history of psoriasis. In some cases, lab tests are required to be performed in order to know the depth of the condition where a skin biopsy is done. A small sample of skin in taken and examined in order to diagnose the exact type of psoriasis and ruling out the other conditions of the skin.
Homeopathic Treatment of Psoriasis by CHHC
Psoriasis being an auto immune disease is not completely curable but with effective treatment procedures the skin disease can be kept under control. The homeopathic treatment for psoriasis tries to relieve the affected individuals in easing the symptoms and thus keeping the disease in control. As homeopathic medicines are made from natural ingredients, there is almost no side effects yet they are quite effective in treating the same.
In the case of Psoriasis, what homeopathy does is it focuses on the cause of a problem and intends to correct the cause that has triggered the cell division and also the skin inflammation. Once this is accomplished, the symptoms begin to vanish and the skin starts to look normal. The treatments in homeopathy may not show overnight results but in the long run will make you healthier and rejuvenated.
Some of the most effective homeopathic medicines used by the doctors at CHHC that helps to quite effectively deal with the condition of Psoriasis are as listed below.
- Arsenic Album: Effective for Psoriasis with Silver Scales
- Graphites Naturalis: Taken for Psoriasis with cracked skin
- Arsenic Iodatum: Advised for Psoriasis with shedding of large scales
- Kali Ars: Administered for Psoriasis that leaves discoloration on the skin
Thus, for any types of psoriasis or similar symptoms, do not hesitate to contact CHHC for the best possible homeopathy remedy.
So, if you are facing any kinds of problems with psoriasis, do not waste any more time and opt of psoriasis cure in homeopathy.