Leukoderma which is also referred to as Vitiligo is a disorder of the skin where the skin tends to lose its original colour in patches. These patches are usually irregular in shapes as well as sizes. This is actually a pigmentation disorder where the pigment-producing cells in the skin that the melanocytes begin to get destroyed. As a result of this, there begins to develop white patches on the skin. In addition to this, the hair so growing in that affected area might also lose their colour and start turning grey.
This is such a disorder that has a great psychological impact on the affected individuals particularly in the young ones and the adolescents. Dealing with the same at times becomes extremely difficult specifically if the white patches are developed on the visible portions of the skin like the face, arms, hands, feet. It can also develop on the genitals as well. In these situations, very strong emotions develop and the affected individuals fear of being depressed, embarrassed or simply worried about what other people would say or how they would react.
Causes of Leukoderma
The exact cause of leukoderma is still not clearly known but it is believed to an autoimmune disorder where the pigment-producing cells that provide colour to the skin are being destroyed by the antibodies of the own body. The destruction so caused to the melanocytes and the defective formation of the new melanocytes results in the loss of melanin which is exactly why the skin loses its original colour and white patches begin to develop. Some of the major factors that trigger leukoderma areas listed below.
- An over-reactive immune system which causes destruction to the melanocytes
- A highly psychologically stressful even in the life of the individual
- Imbalance of genetic oxidative stress
- An individual with a family history of leukoderma is more prone clearly proving that heredity is a major cause
- Harming of the skin as a result of a cut or sunburn
- Extensive and prolonged exposure to some chemicals
- A neural cause might also trigger leukoderma
- White patches on the skin can also be caused by a virus
In addition to this, leukoderma has also been found to be associated with a few of the autoimmune disorders as well as inflammatory diseases affecting the people that are as follows.
- Addison’s disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Alopecia areata
- Pernicious anaemia
Symptoms to Watch Out for
- The individuals affected with leukoderma or Vitiligo develop white patches on the skin that are of irregular sizes and shapes. It is more common on the exposed parts of the skin like hands, face, neck, arms etc. It can also occur on the non-exposed parts like the genitals, breasts, thighs etc.
- In some of the affected individuals, the hair might turn grey. Additionally, there might be a white discolouration inside the mouth as well all of which needs to be watched out for. The spread of the patches cannot be determined where at times it might completely stop right after the occurrence of the first patch.
- In general, these white patches do not spread. In some of the affected individuals, it might take several years to develop whereas on the other hand, in some individuals, large areas can be covered with patches within a few months. Moreover, in some of the patients, a good amount of mental stress can propel the growth of these white patches.
- There are a number of affected individuals who feel distressed and stigmatized by this condition. The self-image drops drastically which in turn might lead to depression. Many affected individuals have been seen to have developed a negative feeling about the same.
- Most of the patients report feelings of embarrassment which can lead to low self-esteem as well as social isolation. It feels very awkward when the white patches develop on the face giving rise to frustration, anger and disillusionment. Particularly in the teenagers, disturbances in mood, mood swings, irritability and depression are very common.
- Thus, it can be clearly understood as to how this disease of leukoderma causes a significant psychological impact on the affected individuals. Sometimes, the psychological impact is more severe as compared to the disease. So, it is extremely important to begin the process of treatment at a proper time.
Homeopathic Treatment of Leukoderma by CHHC
- If you are affected by leukoderma or Vitiligo, it would be a very good idea to opt for homeopathic treatment. Now, at this point of time, if you are in search of homeopathy treatment for leukoderma Vadodara, then look no further and come to CHHC.
- CHHC offers top quality homeopathic treatment for leukoderma. With the adequately trained and vastly experienced doctors, you can be assured of getting the best possible treatment for leukoderma.
- The general homeopathic medicines used for the treatment of leukoderma are Arsenic Album, Baryta Carb, Arsenic Sulph Falvus and Baryta Mur. In addition to this, the expert doctors at CHHC make use of the following medicines to offer an effective treatment to leukoderma.
- Sulphur – It is certainly one of the best and most effective homeopathic remedies for leukoderma
- Silicea – It is the constitutional medicine used by the doctors for the treatment of leukoderma
- Calcarea Carb – This homeopathic medicine is used when there are milky white spots on the affected individual’s skin
- Arsenic Album – Keeping the psychological impact in mind the doctors prescribe this homeopathic medicine for the affected individuals who have very anxious personalities
- Sepia – This homeopathic medicine is used for the treatment of leukoderma in the individuals who have a quite indifferent attitude.
The doctors of CHHC have the necessary skill set as well as the expertise to appropriately assess the whole situation along with the patients’ psychological condition and accordingly proceed with the treatment for the purpose of bringing about the intended results as early as possible.More