Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Pain is a common problem among people these days. The problem occurs more in women than in men. This normally occurs when fascia gets inflamed because of stress. The pain normally occurs when you put first step after resting position and stretch the feet upwards while getting up from the bed.
The pain is sometimes is so severe that it becomes impossible to put the heel on floor while rising from sitting position. The factors which can cause heel pain are excessive pressure on foot, long-standing posture on hard surface and obesity among others.
Plantar fascia is a thick flat band of ligament or tissue that starts from heel bone and ends to toe base. It supports the foot arch. Plantar fasciitis is not caused because of an inflammatory condition of plantar fascia. It is actually a non-inflammatory micro tear of fascia resulting from overstressing on the surface.
Advantages of Homeopathic Treatment
Homeopathic medicines are very effective in treating heel pain. Heel pain due to high uric acid, inflammation of tendons/joints/fascia and bone spurs are curable with homeopathy. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side-effects and are safe.
They help in chronic and acute heel pain. They stop the recurrence of disease from the root. The pain is completely eradicated as the healing system of the body is strengthened. Homeopathic medicines are safe among all age groups for treating heel pain.
Medicines for Heel Pain
The four medicines which can relieve the heel pain are Calcarea Flour, Colchicum, Aranea Diadema and Rhus Tox. Rhus Tox is effective for rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis and heel pain from tendinitis. Rhus tox also treats heel pain from prolonged standing, running, overstraining and overstretching the structures of feet. Colchicum is suitable for heel pain from gout. Aranea Diadema and Calcarea Flour are effective fro heel pain from spurs.
Some Other Alternates for Curing Heel Pain
- Do not stand for a long time on a hard surface
- Apply both ice and warm water alternatively for treating the pain. Fill one tub with warm and other with cold water. Dip your foot in warm water for 1 to 2 minutes and then dip in cold water for 1 to 2 minutes. Do it 5 to 6 times daily before sleeping.
- Women normally cook and do other household work which results in standing for long periods. It is not advisable to stand for a long period in this case and take a break after every few minutes. You can use silicon pads with the shoes. Although our culture does not allow shoes in the kitchen, a show with silicon pads can be kept for use only in the kitchen.
- There are exercises like toe exercise and towel exercise which can relieve the heel pain. Toe exercise is done by sitting on a chair and extending your affected leg so that the heel is on the floor. Pull your big toe up and back with the hand. Pull towards your ankle and away from the floor. Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise several times in a day with 2 to 4 times in one session.
- Towel stretch is done by rolling a towel under the ball of the foot and holding it at both ends. Pull the towel towards you by keeping the knee straight Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.