Radiofrequency surgery has a lengthy documented history of use in oral, ophthalmic, plastic, and gynecological surgery.
Aesthetically it is used in:-
- Removal of skin tags, warts, seborrhoic keratosis, syringoma, trichoepithelioma.
- Removal of melanocytic naevi, telangectasias, early skin tumors.
- Skin biopsies and grafts.
- Resurfacing of scars (chicken pox, acne etc.)
- Primary resection of Keloids.
- Debulking of skin tumors.
- Resurfacing in case of Rhinophyma, Darier’s disease etc
- Hair restoration surgery: scalp reduction, scalp lifting, scalp flaps.
- Excision of plantar fibromata, in growing toe nail.
To conclude, radio-surgery is a faster evolving technique being effective, simple, quick and cost effective.