Radiofrequency surgery has a long-documented history of use in oral, ophthalmic, plastic, and gynecological surgery.
Aesthetically it is used in the:-
- Removal of skin tags, warts, seborrhoic keratosis, syringoma, and trichoepithelioma.
- Removal of melanocytic naevi, telangectasias, and early skin tumors.
- Skin biopsies and grafts.
- Resurfacing of scars (chicken pox, acne, etc.)
- Primary resection of Keloids.
- Debulking of skin tumors.
- Resurfacing in case of Rhinophyma, Darier’s disease, etc
- Hair restoration surgery: scalp reduction, scalp lifting, scalp flaps.
- Excision of plantar fibromata, in growing toenails.
To conclude, radiosurgery is a faster-evolving technique being effective, simple, quick, and cost-effective.