Migraine causes constant pain in one side of the brain and it is usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine lasts for hours and is very painful, it is tough to handle it as one feels the brain is bursting. Especially if at work, it becomes very difficult to concentrate.
Migraine without aura:
Migraine without aura, also called common migraine, is one of the migraine types which as the name suggests, is very common. It accounts for 75% of the migraines. This type of migraine is difficult to handle and it causes a lot of problems. The pain is so bad that one cannot do his/her daily activities. Migraine without aura does not have the early symptoms that few experiences before the migraine attack, like dizziness, blurred vision, confusion, and weakness.
Migraine without aura causes:
There are many theories as to understand why migraine happens to people. It is believed that genetic and environmental conditions play a role in a migraine attack. Migraines are genetically passed on by family. There is also a link between smells, stress, other things in the environment with migraines. According to scientists, “a wave of nerve cell activity spreads across the brain and excites the trigeminal nerve. This excitation causes the release of a variety of neurotransmitters which causes a change in the size of the blood vessels releasing more neurotransmitters and ultimately causing an inflammatory process and pain.”
Migraines are often experienced in childhood and become severe in the adolescence. It gradually grows in adulthood. But as the age grows and crosses over 50 years, migraine headaches are reduced.
Migraine symptoms are quite noticeable. Migraine headache lasts for about 4 to 72 hours and it is horrible pain. The pain occurs on the front side of the head or either side of the head. The symptoms of migraine are:
- Throbbing pain in the head
- Sensitivity to noise, smell, and light
- Skin paleness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark circles
The sufferer who is experiencing the migraine for the first time will be left confused as to what is happening and he/she will get an idea that something is bad.
Treatment for migraine without aura has two primary goals: mitigate the symptoms and prevent future migraine headaches. Homeopathy treatment for migraine is as follows:
- Belladonna: It is safe and it frees the sufferer from headache with sensitivity to light and sound.
- Bryonia: This treatment is helpful when a sufferer is suffering from splitting headaches. During this period the pain is unbearable, accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Gelsemium: This remedy is useful when a person is experiencing a headache at the base of the head, usually because of stress.
- Glonoinum: The remedy is helpful with headaches with a feeling of heat or aggravated by heat.
- Ignatia: This type of treatment is for people who experience migraines after emotional ups and downs. The headache is acute on either one side of the head and feels like someone is hammering a nail in the head.
- Iris versicolor: High-level migraine attack with blurred vision that grows towards other parts of the face can be healed by this treatment.
- Natrum muriaticum: This remedy relieves pain from migraine attacks that are affected by grief or emotional imbalance. It may occur just before or after the menstrual period.
- Sanguinaria: This remedy helps sufferer who experiences migraines with stress in the neck and shoulder extended to the forehead. The headache is relieved after passing of gas, vomiting or after sleep.
- Sepia: This treatment is for left-sided migraines accompanied by nausea and dizziness, worse when meals are skipped and near the menstrual period. The pain is often experienced in shock or jerks.
- Silicea: This remedy is migraines that occur after mental exertion or menstrual cycle. Usually, the pain is at the backside of the head and extending to the forehead later. The person may prefer staying indoors in warm, dark places.