- If you are experiencing painful cramps, blood clots, irregular bleeding, headaches, excessive weight gain or weight loss frequently, then you are having irregular periods. You are not alone, an average of 14% to 25% of women experience irregular periods between the time of their puberty and menopause.
- Your menstrual health tells a lot about you. Irregular menstrual cycles can affect your health. It can affect your heart health, metabolism, sleep and fertility.
Factors affecting the Menstrual Cycle
Hormonal Imbalances: The two main hormones affecting periods are estrogen and progesterone. An imbalance in these factors can result in irregular periods.
- Puberty: During this phase of human life our bodies undergo several changes due to which it may take more time for the hormones to find the perfect balance. Irregular periods are often sighted at this time.
- Other considerable factors: Extreme weight gain or weight loss, emotional stress, eating disorders, heavy endurance exercise, hormonal birth control, perimenopause, PCOS / PCOD, thyroid problems, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, cervical or endometrial cancer, etc are some other factors that cause irregular periods.
- Homeopathic Treatment of Irregular Periods: Unlike others, Homeopathy focuses on the deeper and complete treatment of the patient by targeting the main cause of the problem and underlying pathology of the uterus/ ovaries. This analytic and in-depth treatment not only cures the patient completely but also provides a much better and vitalized immune system to fight against diseases. It helps the patient gain a healthier lifestyle.
Homeopathy helps in maintaining a healthy menstrual cycle. It aims at regulating a healthy flow of hormones naturally and helps in striking the right balance thus giving you a naturally fit body. The choice to follow the prescribed homeopathic treatment under an experienced homeopath is sure to get you amazing results.
Menstrual Problems and their Homeopathic Treatment:
Here are a few menstrual problems and how homeopathy can help in treating them.
1. Amenorrhea refers to the absence of menstrual periods in females who are in their reproductive age (i.e., between puberty and menopause). The reasons for amenorrhea are:
- Nutritional deficiencies: Malnutrition may affect how the hypothalamus and pituitary gland function, which can lead to amenorrhea.
- Low body weight: Having a low body weight can also prevent the hypothalamus and pituitary gland from functioning correctly. This can lead to a type of amenorrhea known as functional hypothalamic amenorrhea.
- Stress: Stress can affect hormone levels in the body, and it is another cause of functional hypothalamic amenorrhea.
- Excessive exercise: Excessive exercise is the third cause of functional hypothalamic amenorrhea. Some research estimates that half of the women who exercise regularly experience minor menstrual disorders.
- Eating disorders: Having an eating disorder, such as anorexia or bulimia, may cause a person’s periods to stop. This absence of menstruation is usually due to a nutritional deficiency or very low body weight.
- Excessive weight gain: Rapidly gaining weight can cause a hormonal imbalance, which can lead to temporary amenorrhea.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that affects 6–8 percent of women worldwide.
- Medications: some birth control pills may cause missed periods/ absence of menstruation, this can occur in the first few months of taking a new pill or if a person does not take any placebo pills or have a pill-free week each month. Some of the other birth control methods, such as the hormonal intrauterine device (IUD), implant, and injection can also result in amenorrhea. Some antidepressants and mood stabilizers may affect how the hypothalamus and pituitary gland work. If they are not producing the right levels of hormones, a person’s periods may stop.
- How can Homeopathy help?
Besides monitoring the symptoms and prescribing the best treatment, homeopathy works with an aim to diagnose the root cause of Amenorrhoea. Well selected homeopathic medicines match well with the patient suffering and patient’s symptoms which brings changes in the ovarian function, in the structure and the pathological changes which are occurring in the uterus Women experiencing amenorrhea can benefit from homeopathic medicines as it helps in regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Homeopathic medicines like Calcarea phos, pulsatilla, kali carb etc are found very effective in young girls suffering from delayed puerty; ferrum met, pinus l etc are found effective in cases of amenorrhoea developed due to nutritional deficiencies.
- Homeopathic medicines like Ignatia, staphysagria, Kali carb, colocynthis etc help to establish normal menstrual cycle in cases of amenorrhoea developed after emotional disturbances like excessive anger/ excessive depression/ excessive grief.
- Homeopathic medicines like cyclamen, nux moschata help to establish normal menstrual cycle in cases of amenorrhoea after excessive exercises.
- Homeopathic medicines like Pulsatilla and many others help in patients having amenorrhoea with anorexia and Calcarea carb, Iodium, Phosphorus help in patients having amenorrhoea with excessive appetite.
- Medicines like Graphites, Calcarea Carb etc help in establishing normal menstrual cycle in obese patients.
- Homeopathic medicines like Apis mel, Ars iod, Oophorinum, Iodium etc help in establishing normal menstrual cycle in patients suffering from PCOD.
Many a patients have been benefitted at our clinics (Vadodara- 6359876699, Ahmedabad- 8160474568) with Homeopathic medicines under the able guidance of Dr. Mahavrat Patel and now they are enjoying their normal menstrual cycle.