What Are Hormones?
Hormones are biochemical messengers of our body and are produced by endocrine glands- adrenals, thyroid, pancreas and ovaries (in females) or testes. Hormones, travel through the bloodstream to tissues & organs and control most of our body’s major processes, including metabolism and reproduction.
What Is Hormonal Imbalance?
Sometimes hormones get out of balance. Hormonal imbalances occur when there is too much or too little of a hormone in the bloodstream. Even tiny changes can have serious effects in our whole body and metabolic functions.
In women, hormonal imbalance may happen before or after the periods/ during pregnancy or during menopause that ultimately alters various bodily and metabolic functions.
How Homeopathy Helps?
Homeopathy treats the person having a hormonal imbalance where she is having symptoms like
• Mood swing
• Menstrual irregularities (including missed periods/ missed period/ a frequent period)
• Abnormal weight gain (mainly in abdomen region)
• Excessive hair loss with no apparent reason
• Skin problems like acne, facial hair growth (Hirsuitism), Acanthosis nigricans (darkening of the skin, especially along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath the breasts), Chloasma.
• Skin tags
• Vaginal dryness and atrophy
• Painful experience during intercourse
• Night sweats
Many women suffer from the symptoms of hormonal imbalances without knowing the reason for their suffering. They may believe that there is nothing that can be done to make their symptoms better, but there is solution. Homeopathy addresses both emotional & physical issues in such patients, homeopathic medicines match with the symptom picture of persons with hormonal imbalance and provide relief to such patients.
1) Homeopathic medicine Lachesis is one of the best options for women going through menopause who suffer from hot flashes and palpitations. These women hate the feeling of tight clothes, especially around the neck and core. Other symptoms include loss of interest in routine tasks.
2) Women who suffer from heavy periods and constipation can benefit from Calcarea Carb. This treatment also helps to control weight gain resulting from hormonal imbalance and reduces sensitivity to cold air. Breasts are enlarged and painful before menses.
3) Ignatia Amara is a great remedy for mood changes due to hormonal imbalance particularly in ladies. There is emotional imbalance like sighing and sobbing, disappointments, weeping before menses. Suppressed menses due to grief.
4) Natrum Muriatiucm 200 is best for hair loss especially in women associated with hormonal imbalance, in PCOD and after childbirth. This remedy is effective for the affections of hair follicles. Hair falls, even a slightest touch on scalp. It is an effective remedy for hair loss after chronic headache.
5) Sepia is best for hormonal imbalance with irregular menses. The menstrual blood is scanty and late or early and profuse. Sharp clutching pain in uterine region along with menses. The person experiences violent stitches upward in the vagina from uterus to umbilicus. Sepia is a good remedy for PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) due to hormonal imbalance. Hairs are seen on the face. Infertility due to PCOD. The uterus is weak and there is a dragging or bearing down sensation as if everything would escape through the vagina, to prevent this, the person must cross limbs. Sepia is a good remedy for menopausal symptoms due to hormonal imbalance. Sudden flushes of heat with weakness and sweat during menopause. Metrorrhagia at the time of menopause. Mania with profuse menses. Aversion to intercourse. The patient has painful intercourse due to dryness of vagina with bleeding after intercourse. Sepia is suited to angry, sensitive and irritable persons, easily offended and miserable. This is seen more a few days before menses. The patient has apathy towards her loved ones/ family. Doesn’t want to do her routine chores.
6) Graphite’s is best suited to those who are obese and constipated having unhealthy skin. The patients are extremely sensitive to cold atmosphere. The patient is emotionally so fragile that listening to music makes her weep. Menses is too late and scanty in such patients with profuse, watery excoriating leucorrhoea.
7) Conium Maculatum is best for irregular menses due to hormonal imbalance with severe dysmenorrhoea. Menses irregular, too late and scanty, small red pimples appear before menses and disappear after menses. Breast enlarged and painful before and during menses. It is a good remedy for PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) due to Hormonal Imbalance in PCOD/PCOS.
Hundreds of women of various ages from puberty to menopause at different stages of life like puberty/ pregnancy/ lactation/ climacteric etc. have been benefited with our homeopathic treatment given at Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre (Vadodara and Ahmedabad). Homeopathy is proven safe and effective in curing Hormonal disturbances in women of any age group.