Dengue is mosquito borne viral infection that is transmitted by the bite of the female Aedes aegypti mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person. The occurrence is usually seen in tropical and subtropical areas like India, African countries etc.
Dengue fever is also known as Break bone fever. Platelet counts start decreasing fast in the blood in such patients that leads to haemorrhage.
- High fever
- Muscle and joint pains
- Characteristic skin rash which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Platelet count lowers which cause mild bleeding (nose bleed, gums bleed, bruises etc.)
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever, a rare complication characterized by high fever, damage to lymph and blood vessels, bleeding from the nose and gums, enlargement of the liver, and failure of the circulatory system. The symptoms may progress to massive bleeding, shock, and death results due to dangerously low blood pressure. This is called dengue shock syndrome (DSS).
- People with weakened immune systems as well as those with a second or subsequent dengue infection are believed to be at greater risk for developing dengue hemorrhagic fever.
People with weakened immune systems as well as those with a second or subsequent dengue infection are believed to be at greater risk for developing dengue hemorrhagic fever.
How Homeopathy Helps?
The aim of Homeopathic treatment is to provide symptomatic improvement, minimize complications and promote early recovery. Administering homeopathic drugs under closed monitoring along with other conventional medicines can speed up the time of recovery in the patient. After observing the fever pattern and its three stages- chill, heat and sweat with details of shivering with chilliness before/during fever, irritability/anxiety/restlessness before/during/after fever, by taking note of associated symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting and their aggravating and ameliorating factors, desire for water during/after fever and if the haemorrhage is started thane the nature of blood lose, sight of haemorrhage etc are also noted; the homeopathic medicine is selected and administered to the patient. Such well selected homeopathic medicines have proven very effective to cure the disease. Few medicines that are proved their usefulness in curing the disease are listed below:
- Eupatorium Perf.:
- Indicated when excruciating pain in the limbs and muscles is seen associated with fever.
- Severe bone pain. Aching pain in bones of extremities as if they would break with soreness of flesh is marked.
- Perspiration relieves all complaints except headache.
- Much swelling of ankles and feet associated with soreness.
- Patient often complains of great thirst.
- Rhus Tox:
- Indicated in fever with polyarthritis (multiple joints pain).
- Maculopapular (flat and red) rashes with itching.
- Pain and stiffness in joints, which is aggravated by first movement of joint but gets relief with further continued movements.
- Complaints often worsen in damp weather.
- Indicated in very initial stage of dengue with high fever.
- The patient is very thirsty and constantly asking for water.
- When the patient feels a cold wave is passing through his body,
- The patient is very restless and develops anxiety and can’t stay at one place for longer time.
- Medicines like Arsenic Alb, Secale Cor, Hamamelis etc. are considered in cases of haemorrhagic dengue fever.
- Medicines like TNT, Vanadium, Ceanothus etc are considered to maintain blood counts in dengue patients.
- Medicines like Bryonia, China, Gelsemium are also useful in Dengue fever when given after matching the symptoms completely.