Migraine causes constant pain in one side of the brain and it is usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine lasts for hours and is very painful, it is tough to handle it as one feels the brain is bursting. Especially if at work, it becomes very difficult to concentrate.
Migraine without aura:
Migraine without aura, also called common migraine, is one of the migraine types which as the name suggests, is very common. It accounts for 75% of the migraines. This type of migraine is difficult to handle and it causes a lot of problems. The pain is so bad that one cannot do his/her daily activities. Migraine without aura does not have the early symptoms that few experiences before the migraine attack, like dizziness, blurred vision, confusion, and weakness.
Migraine without aura causes:
There are many theories as to understand why migraine happens to people. It is believed that genetic and environmental conditions play a role in a migraine attack. Migraines are genetically passed on by family. There is also a link between smells, stress, other things in the environment with migraines. According to scientists, “a wave of nerve cell activity spreads across the brain and excites the trigeminal nerve. This excitation causes the release of a variety of neurotransmitters which causes a change in the size of the blood vessels releasing more neurotransmitters and ultimately causing an inflammatory process and pain.”
Migraines are often experienced in childhood and become severe in the adolescence. It gradually grows in adulthood. But as the age grows and crosses over 50 years, migraine headaches are reduced.
Migraine symptoms are quite noticeable. Migraine headache lasts for about 4 to 72 hours and it is horrible pain. The pain occurs on the front side of the head or either side of the head. The symptoms of migraine are:
- Throbbing pain in the head
- Sensitivity to noise, smell, and light
- Skin paleness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark circles
The sufferer who is experiencing the migraine for the first time will be left confused as to what is happening and he/she will get an idea that something is bad.
Treatment for migraine without aura has two primary goals: mitigate the symptoms and prevent future migraine headaches. Homeopathy treatment for migraine is as follows:
- Belladonna: It is safe and it frees the sufferer from headache with sensitivity to light and sound.
- Bryonia: This treatment is helpful when a sufferer is suffering from splitting headaches. During this period the pain is unbearable, accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Gelsemium: This remedy is useful when a person is experiencing a headache at the base of the head, usually because of stress.
- Glonoinum: The remedy is helpful with headaches with a feeling of heat or aggravated by heat.
- Ignatia: This type of treatment is for people who experience migraines after emotional ups and downs. The headache is acute on either one side of the head and feels like someone is hammering a nail in the head.
- Iris versicolor: High-level migraine attack with blurred vision that grows towards other parts of the face can be healed by this treatment.
- Natrum muriaticum: This remedy relieves pain from migraine attacks that are affected by grief or emotional imbalance. It may occur just before or after the menstrual period.
- Sanguinaria: This remedy helps sufferer who experiences migraines with stress in the neck and shoulder extended to the forehead. The headache is relieved after passing of gas, vomiting or after sleep.
- Sepia: This treatment is for left-sided migraines accompanied by nausea and dizziness, worse when meals are skipped and near the menstrual period. The pain is often experienced in shock or jerks.
- Silicea: This remedy is migraines that occur after mental exertion or menstrual cycle. Usually, the pain is at the backside of the head and extending to the forehead later. The person may prefer staying indoors in warm, dark places.
Migraine with aura which is also referred to as classic migraine is actually a recurring headache that strikes after or at the same time as the sensory disturbances known as aura. This is characterized by neurological phenomenon that is experienced 10 to 30 minutes prior to the headache starts. These disturbances might include blind spots and other changes in the vision, flashes of light or a tingling sensation in the hand or the face. Another type of migraine which is referred to as the common migraine also affects individuals where the treatment procedures are almost the same but the symptoms are different.
Symptoms of Migraine with Aura
The most common symptoms for migraine aura include temporary vision or any other visual disturbances which commonly strikes prior to the other symptoms that are as follows.
- Intense pain in the head
- Sensitivity to light and sound
Migraine aura generally strikes within 60 minutes prior to the starting of the head pain which lasts for about less than an hour. Many times, it might as well happen that migraine aura comes no headache or with very little headache particularly in the individuals with age over 50.
There are some visual signs and symptoms of migraine aura that occur in some people that tend to start right in the centre of the field of the affected people’s vision and then spread outward which includes the following.
- Blind spots that are sometimes outlined by some simple geometric designs
- Shimmering stars or spots
- Experiencing flashes of light
- Loss of vision or distorted vision
- Zigzag lines which slowly float across the field of vision
Some of the affected individuals might also experience the following with migraine aura.
- Weakness of muscles
- Difficulty in speech or language
- Feeling of numbness or a tingling sensation on one hand or on one side of the face
Homeopathic Treatment for Migraine Aura at CHHC
Homeopathic treatment of migraine aura at Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre aims to effectively provide migraine relief to the affected individuals. The homeopathic medicines so used for migraine with aura act on the body at the level of immunity and reinstate the deviated functions. At the same time, the medicines also help to control the symptoms of migraine that too without any side effects. The medicines so used for treatment at CHHC is extremely specific and individualised to every affected individual. That is the reason a thorough history is required to customize the treatment for Migraine. This is exactly the reason as to why the doctors at CHHC plans the homeopathic treatment for migraine aura after a detailed analysis as well as review of the past treatments for migraine and medicines taken by the affected individuals. The homeopathic medicines so used are aimed at curing the disease from the root and not superficially suppression of the symptoms so that it does not reappear.
What is Migraine?
It is a common form of headache where there is paroxysmal, episodic headache typically but not essentially affecting one side of the head. It may or may not be related with nausea, giddiness, vomiting or visual impairment. Pain is typically extreme and lasting for half an hour to more than a couple of days. The attacks of migraine tend to be recurring and the severity of attacks typically lessens as the patient ages.
Causes of Migraine
Migraine is a vascular headache that is caused because of abnormalities and vasodilatation in the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. It is also a hereditary disease. The common triggering factors include:
- Certain foods and Beverages for instance red wine, chocolates, alcoholic drinks.
- Perfumes, strong odors
- Lack of sleep, skipping meals, changes in sleeping pattern
- Change in weather
- Menstrual periods
- Bright light
- Too much fatigue
Symptoms of Migraine
It often starts during the adolescence, early adulthood or even childhood.
There are 4 stages of migraine and the symptoms differ depending on the stage, some of which are mentioned below:
- Prodrome: One or two days prior to migraine there may be
- Neck stiffness
- Uncontrollable yawning
- Food cravings
- Aura: It takes place prior to and during headache. These include;
- Vision loss
- Speech or language problem
- Visual phenomenon
- Pins and needle sensation in legs or arms
- Attack: In case it is not treated it may last for four to 72 hours. The common symptoms may include:
- Pain-pulsating or throbbing type
- Pain on both side or one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to lights and sounds
- Blurred vision
- Postdrome– This takes place after a migraine attack. In this stage the patient may feel washed out and drained.
Types of Migraine
- Migraine with Aura (Classic Migraine): This is characterized by neurological phenomenon that is experienced 10 to 30 minutes prior to the headache starts. The common symptoms may include hallucinations, visual disturbances or even temporary loss of vision prior to the headache.
- Migraine without Aura (Common Migraine): Here the patient does not experience any aura prior to the headache. Nausea and vomiting frequently come with this kind of migraine. Lethargy and general fatigue may be experienced ahead of the headache begins.
Homeopathic treatment for Migraine
Homeopathic medicines for Migraine act on the body at the level of immunity and reinstate the deviated function. They also help to control the symptoms of Migraine devoid of any side effects. The medicines have to be specific to every person. That is the reason a thorough history is required to customize the treatment for Migraine. The Homeopathic treatment for Migraine is planned after a detailed analysis and review of the past treatments for Migraine and medicines for Migraine taken by you. The homeopathic medicines so used are aimed at curing the disease from the root and not superficially so that it does not reappear.
Make An Appointment Call us: +91-265-2250212 / +919723669210 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org