Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Pain is a common problem among people these days. The problem occurs more in women than in men. This normally occurs when fascia gets inflamed because of stress. The pain normally occurs when you put first step after resting position and stretch the feet upwards while getting up from the bed.
The pain is sometimes is so severe that it becomes impossible to put the heel on floor while rising from sitting position. The factors which can cause heel pain are excessive pressure on foot, long-standing posture on hard surface and obesity among others.
Plantar fascia is a thick flat band of ligament or tissue that starts from heel bone and ends to toe base. It supports the foot arch. Plantar fasciitis is not caused because of an inflammatory condition of plantar fascia. It is actually a non-inflammatory micro tear of fascia resulting from overstressing on the surface.
Advantages of Homeopathic Treatment
Homeopathic medicines are very effective in treating heel pain. Heel pain due to high uric acid, inflammation of tendons/joints/fascia and bone spurs are curable with homeopathy. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side-effects and are safe.
They help in chronic and acute heel pain. They stop the recurrence of disease from the root. The pain is completely eradicated as the healing system of the body is strengthened. Homeopathic medicines are safe among all age groups for treating heel pain.
Medicines for Heel Pain
The four medicines which can relieve the heel pain are Calcarea Flour, Colchicum, Aranea Diadema and Rhus Tox. Rhus Tox is effective for rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis and heel pain from tendinitis. Rhus tox also treats heel pain from prolonged standing, running, overstraining and overstretching the structures of feet. Colchicum is suitable for heel pain from gout. Aranea Diadema and Calcarea Flour are effective fro heel pain from spurs.
Some Other Alternates for Curing Heel Pain
- Do not stand for a long time on a hard surface
- Apply both ice and warm water alternatively for treating the pain. Fill one tub with warm and other with cold water. Dip your foot in warm water for 1 to 2 minutes and then dip in cold water for 1 to 2 minutes. Do it 5 to 6 times daily before sleeping.
- Women normally cook and do other household work which results in standing for long periods. It is not advisable to stand for a long period in this case and take a break after every few minutes. You can use silicon pads with the shoes. Although our culture does not allow shoes in the kitchen, a show with silicon pads can be kept for use only in the kitchen.
- There are exercises like toe exercise and towel exercise which can relieve the heel pain. Toe exercise is done by sitting on a chair and extending your affected leg so that the heel is on the floor. Pull your big toe up and back with the hand. Pull towards your ankle and away from the floor. Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise several times in a day with 2 to 4 times in one session.
- Towel stretch is done by rolling a towel under the ball of the foot and holding it at both ends. Pull the towel towards you by keeping the knee straight Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) is a hormonal disorder occurring in women. The disorder is also called Stein – Leventhal Syndrome. The name is derived from two American gynacs Michael L Leventhal and Irvin F Stein who described this disease in 1935.
PCOD is a name given to particular set of symptoms that occurs when there are hormonal imbalances in a woman’s body. The symptoms of PCOD include no or late periods, heavy bleeding during periods, growth of facial hair, weight gain, acne, pain in pelvic region and difficulty in getting pregnant.
The disorder occurs between the ages of 18 and 44 and around 5 to 10% of women get affected by the disease. PCOD patients have cysts in their ovaries. The cysts result in hormonal disturbances. Deficiency or excess of a hormone can affect other hormones. In PCOD, the level of androgen is more than normal.
Androgens are male hormones which are present in small quantity in females. When the level increases, it causes late menstruation. The ovulation cycle gets disrupted and ovulation might be delayed or do not happen. Facial hair and hair on other parts of the body start growing in females which are otherwise not present.
The exact cause of PCOD is unknown. It might run in families. Obesity can also cause PCOD. Thus, regular exercise can tend to reduce the symptoms of PCOD in overweight individuals. Diabetes or insulin resistance can also trigger PCOD. The symptoms of PCOD include excess of male hormones, irregular menses, obesity, fertility issues, cysts in ovaries and skin discoloration.
The complications of PCOD are high cholesterol levels, metabolic syndrome, depression, infertility, cancer, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnoea. One should not consume oral contraceptives for treating PCOD. Homeopathy is perhaps the best treatment of PCOD as it cures the root of the disease. Homeopathy restores natural vitality of the body. Once the vitality is restored, the body starts functioning at the normal pace.
The five best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOD are Graphites, Sepia, Pulsatilla, ApisMellifica and Lachesis. The prescription of medicines might differ from person to person and one should not experiment with the medicines on their own. Many other medicines apart from the above-mentioned medicines are also recommended to treat PCOD.
Interstitial lung disease includes many disorders like sarcoidosis, asbestosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. They can cause continuous fibrosis or scarring of tissues surrounding air sacs in the lungs. The scarring can cause your lung to stiffen and leads to difficulty in breathing.
The symptoms of the disease are shortness of breath at rest or due to exertion, dry cough, weight loss, weakness, chest discomfort and loss of appetite. The lungs regenerate tissue to repair any kind of damage. However, in interstitial lung disease the normal process of repairing does not occur because of lung injury.
The tissue around the air sacs gets thickened and scarred which causes difficulty in breathing. Your lungs might get injured due to long time exposure to toxins and pollutants including Silica dust, Coal dust, Grain dust from framing radiation, Asbestos, Bird and animal droppings, Indoor hot tubs and bird proteins from chicken or pigeon.
Sometimes, few drugs can also do chronic damage to your lungs like heart medications, chemotherapy drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. Lung disease can also be caused by autoimmune disorders including Scleroderma, Rheumatoid arthritis, Polymyositis, Mixed connective tissue disease, Dermatomyositis and Sjogren’s syndrome.
Homeopathy is very useful in the treatment of lung fibrosis as it is customized according to the effects that the disease has on the body. It relieves symptoms like sharp pain in lungs, coughing with mucus and hemorrhaging in capillaries.
It slows down the continuous progression of disease and induces your immune system to restore damaged tissues and heal itself. There are no side effects of homeopathy on your body. Homeopathy can also help in treating the damage from side effects caused by conventional treatment.
If you visit a pulmonary specialist, he will prescribe medications like corticosteroids which is a medication for slowing down fibrosis and reducing stomach acid or you might be given artificial oxygen for easy breath. The last option is surgery. All the treatment options cannot reverse scarring in the lungs. In many cases, they don’t even stop the progression of disease.
The life expectancy of a person with any type of interstitial lung disease is 3 to 5 years. It is important to treat the disease early in order to avoid severe health complications. It is best that one should opt for homeopathic treatment of the disease because it is safe without any side effects.
Our body has an inbuilt defense mechanism called immune system which defends us against disease-causing organisms like bacteria, virus and fungus. In the absence of an immune system you can become a victim of tuberculosis because of microbes present in the air or harmful bacteria can enter your body while brushing the teeth.
The everyday harmful microbes and bacteria can be prevented by a strong immune system. A weak immune system can make us more prone to illness and infections caused due to microbes. People with low immunity can fall ill frequently and become a victim of pandemic outbreak. Homeopathy corrects your low immunity and helps in boosting it further.
Natural homeopathic medicine for immunity can help the body’s immune system to heal and defend itself. The symptoms of low immunity include slow wound healing, feeling tired every time, tummy troubles like gas, constipation and diarrhea, suffering from frequent common cold and hay fever and having frequent ear infections, pneumonia and sinusitis.
Low immunity can be caused due to lack of sleep, chronic stress, poor diet and sedentary lifestyle. Many medical disorders can also lead to weak immune system. The immunodeficiency disorders can be mild or severe and may be present from birth or occur from medical conditions like viral hepatitis, malnutrition, HIV, some medical treatments and some types of cancer.
Immunity can be increased by nutritious food, proper sleep and physical activity. However, if the infections are at the peak the measures might not be effective. Medical help might be required for fighting off the infections. Homeopathic medicines can boost your immune system naturally without any side-effects.
Homeopathy works at level of immunity and not only provides symptomatic relief but provides long-lasting relief, strengthens immunity naturally, reduces infection recurrence, develops natural defenses against disease-causing organisms, treats root cause of frequent illness including low immunity and is both curative and preventive.
Along with medicine, it is important to have a healthy lifestyle. Some of the tips which can help you in practicing a healthy lifestyle are:
- Practice Yoga
- Quit Smoking
- Deep Breathing Exercises for Stress
- Maintain a healthy weight and exercise regularly
- Drink moderate alcohol if you cannot survive without drinks
- Sleep for 6-8 hours
- Follow basic hygiene rules
- Eat healthy food that is rich in Vitamin C like oranges, amla and lemons. They help in natural immunity boost.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus, the name itself sounds interesting. This is a medical condition where a person experiences noises in his/her ear, without any external factors. This noise can be heard either in one ear or both ears. When a person experiences this condition, it is a difficult time for them as they are always listening to some noise in their ears and to go about their daily routine in such a condition is highly difficult. This condition is known to affect 15-20 percent of the population. Tinnitus is not a disorder in itself; it is an indicator of any other condition like ear injury, circulatory system disorder, ear loss with advancing age.
When people are diagnosed with this condition, one of the symptoms they experience is “change of side or ear” from which they can hear the sound. People have also experienced changes to the intensity, pitch, volume, and type of sound, which they hear. In some cases, people also experience symptoms like vertigo, hearing difficulties, ear discharge and a sense of fullness/heaviness in the ears.
As tinnitus is not considered much of a disorder, most people with this condition tend to ignore all the symptoms. That, however, is not the correct approach as it is an indicator of something else being wrong. People experiencing these noises should consult a doctor as soon as possible for early diagnosis and treatment.
Conditions leading to tinnitus
Experts believe that tinnitus is not a disorder in itself but a result of any underlying condition. Some of the possible conditions are: extended exposure to noise, old-age related hearing loss, Meniere’s disease, high blood pressure, head/neck injuries, large quantities of ear wax, ear infections, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems, high stress levels and alcohol addiction.
Homeopathy Treatment for Tinnitus
While there are many ways of treating tinnitus, many people are turning towards homeopathy medicines to help reduce the tinnitus symptoms and therefore, offer a cure for the condition in the long term. Some of the commonly used homeopathy treatments for tinnitus include:
- Kali Mur- Among homeopathic medicines, kali mur is the best recommended natural medicine to offer relief from tinnitus. This medicine is used when there is lot of mucus discharge from the nose/throat area. The medicine also helps to treat popping and crackling sounds associated with tinnitus. Persons with long standing problems of ear discharges or Otorrhea can also seek relief with this type of homeopathy treatment.
- Natrum Salicylicum- This is another homeopathy medicine widely used to treat tinnitus and vertigo. This medicine is specially used to cure tinnitus, which develops due to Meniere’s disease. People with symptoms like ear noises, hearing loss and also those having vertigo must definitely make use of this homeopathy medicine to secure some relief. Tinnitus patients are subject to light sounds, which are heard all the time. Vertigo patients, on the other hand, suffer serious spells while sitting or getting up from bed.
- Graphites Naturalis: This homeopathy medicine is mainly utilized to cure the symptoms of somatic tinnitus, which become severe if there is head or jaw movement. People with this form of tinnitus usually experience hissing, buzzing, whistling or roaring sounds. They are also known to experience jammed ears and ear dryness in this situation.
There is no permanent cure for tinnitus problem till now but only effective treatment found in homeopathic medicine—natural remedies made from diluted extracts of plants and minerals.
What is molluscum contagiosum?
Mainly affecting young children, molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection, which is spread through both direct contacts or by sharing things. When a child contracts molluscum contagiosum, then he/she gets benign bumps or balls on the skin. Parents may fear that the bumps are painful, but they are harmless. These bumps do disappear eventually but take their own sweet time. In most cases, the bumps will be present from a time period ranging from two months to four years. Extreme care must be taken care during this period to ensure that the child is comfortable and free of any kind of infection.
Let us now take a closer look at the benign bumps caused by this skin condition. They are skin coloured, smooth textured, waxy to touch, and umbilicated papules measuring 2-10 mm in diameter. These tiny bumps appear mainly on the face, stomach torso, arms and legs of kids. In the case of adults, these bumps can be found in the inner thigh, genitals and abdomen. It is generally seen that people with lesser immunity are more vulnerable to this form of skin infection. In them, the bumps are larger measuring 15 millimetres in diameter and are seen more prominently on the face.
Causes and Risk Factors of Molluscum Contagiosum
Now that we have got an understanding of what is molluscum contagiosum, let us take a look at what causes this skin infection. It is triggered if a child/adult comes in contact with the contagious virus. The average incubation period for this infection is around two to seven weeks and it is only then the symptoms will start to show. Among children, the infection spreads by touching the bumps on the skin. If they are taking part in any sports events, the virus can spread through contaminated towels, sportswear and equipment.
Among adults, skin infection is mostly spread through sexual contact. Both in children and adults, the infection spreads from one person to another by touching, scratching or touching the affected parts of the body.
While everyone is at risk of contracting molluscum contagiosum, a certain category of people is more suspectable. These include children aged 1-10 years, residents of tropical countries, people who have undergone organ transplants/cancer treatment, sportspersons and lastly people suffering from atopic dermatitis.
Homeopathy treatment for Molluscum Contagiosum
Generally, people with molluscum contagiosum wait for the bumps to go away on its own. However, if it doesn’t, they seek treatment, which usually includes cryotherapy, curettage, laser therapy, and topical therapy. However, some patients are not happy with these modes of treatment so they opt for homeopathy treatment for molluscum contagiosum. Some of the most common homeopathy treatment for molluscum contagiosum includes:
- Silicea: This homeopathy medicine is used to treat skin eruptions with heavy pus. In such cases, the itching takes place only during the day or evening. The patients are usually advised to dress warmly as this will help with the treatment.
- Thuja: This homeopathy medicine is mainly used to cure wart-like wounds in the anogenital area. It also is a left-sided and chilly medicine for people who are emotionally sensitive.
- Sulphur: This is another good type of homeopathy treatment, where-in it is used to treat parts where the skin is rough, coarse and measly. It also helps to cure pustular eruptions, dryness and scalp heat, combined with severe itching and soreness. Sulphur is especially useful in the night when one feels scratching and soreness on the pores.
- Tuberculinum: If a child/adult is suffering from molluscum contagiosum, then they can be administered tuberculinum as it can offer relief if used as an intercurrent.
Thus, these are a few ways in which homeopathy treatments can help those suffering from molluscum contagiosum. You can also opt the same type of treatment from cosmic homeo healing centre located in Vadodara.
What is lung fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis or lung fibrosis as it is commonly known as is a serious lung disease in which the tissues present in the lung get damaged. The tissue becomes thick and stiff, thus making the normal process of breathing in and out a tedious process. With time, as the tissues thicken, the proper working of the lungs will be greatly affected and even walking a short distance will leave the patient gasping for breath.
When a person is diagnosed with lung fibrosis, it means that the tissue surrounding the air sacs or alveoli in his/her lungs has thickened, thus making it difficult for oxygen to reach the bloodstream. There is no specific cause for lung fibrosis, but it is a result of many factors like prolonged exposure to toxic air, the patient’s medical history, radiation therapy, environmental factors and allergic reaction to certain medicines. The pollutants, which are the main cause of lung fibrosis include silica dust, asbestos fibres, hard metal dust, coal dust, grain dust and bird, animal droppings. All these factors, directly or indirectly, lead to pulmonary fibrosis in people.
Symptoms of lung fibrosis
If a person has any of the following symptoms, then he/she must definitely get tested for lung fibrosis.:
1) Shortness of breath (dyspnoea)
2) Dry cough
4) Unexplained weight loss
5) Aching muscles and joints
6) Widening/rounding of finger/toe tips.
Treatment for lung fibrosis- Why homeopathy?
There are different methods of treating lung fibrosis. While there is no permanent cure, proper treatment can ensure a healthy and comfortable way of living. The allopathic method of treatment includes radiation therapy and drugs like chemotherapy drugs, heart medicines, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory drugs. While it is okay to take these drugs, there are many side-effects as well. To be on the safer side, it is always a good option to try homeopathy as a treatment for lung fibrosis.
Homeopathy is a tried and tested method to cure patients of lung fibrosis. The major advantage of using homeopathy is that it can be customized as per the individual patient’s condition. That means that the treatment is not a generalized one, but differs as per the patient’s requirement.
Homeopathy medicine is known to reduce considerably symptoms like extreme pain in lungs, haemorrhage in the capillaries and extreme cough. The effects of homeopathy medicine are slow but effective, hence people who are looking for immediate relief can opt for allopathic.
There are many known benefits of choosing homeopathy as a cure for your lung fibrosis condition. The homeopathy drugs are known to be easy on the body and do not have any major side effects like in the case of allopathic treatment. Homeopathy medicine will make your immune system cure the damaged lung tissues on its own and the entire healing process will be internal. Interestingly, if you have opted for allopathic treatment and are suffering from its side effects, homeopathy has a cure for those ailments as well.
Read more: Homeopathy Treatment For Lung Fibrosis
If you are looking for a safe and patient-friendly method of treating your pulmonary fibrosis then chuck away the conventional methods of treatment and opt for homeopathy treatment.
What is Oral Lichen Planus?
Oral Lichen planus is a skin disease affecting any lining mucosa. Although it can affect any one, it is mostly women over 50 years of age who are majorly affected. Oral Lichen Planus, as the name itself suggests, targets mainly the oral cavity. It is also known to affect the oesophageal, vaginal mucosa and the overall skin.
What Causes Oral Lichen Planus?
After we got a basic understanding of the disease, let us now find out what is the cause behind oral lichen planus. The exact cause has still not been determined but it is known to be caused due to a combination of genetics and immunity. Studies have shown that oral lichen planus is caused by the body’s reaction to antigen present on the skin surface or mucosa. While some researchers believe that the disease is an autoimmune disorder where-in the oral skin cells are under attack from the white blood cells. Some other doctors are of the opinion that lichen planus is a cell-initiated immune response and does not react to any particular antigen. So, they are not ready to classify it as an autoimmune disorder as of now.
What are the symptoms of Oral Lichen Planus?
The main symptoms of oral lichen planus are lesions on the mucous membranes of the mouth. These lesions can be of different shapes and sizes like lacy, white, raised patches of tissues, red, swollen, tender patches of tissues and open sores. These lesions can occur anywhere in the mouth like the inside part of cheeks, gums, tongue, inner tissues of lips and palate. All these symptoms can cause difficulty while talking, eating spicy food and cause extreme discomfort.
How to treat Oral Lichen Planus?
There are many forms of treatment available for lichen planus of the oral cavity. These include allopathy as well as homeopathy. In most cases, the oral lichen planus does not need continuous treatment expect periodic observation. If you are experiencing pain or any form of discomfort then you should consider treatment.
Allopathy treatment consists of symptomatic treatment like topical numbing agents to provide temporary relief from the pain. Doctors also prescribe corticosteroids to bring down any inflammation or swelling developed around the lesions. These can be topical, oral or in the form of injections. A big negative of the allopathy form of treatment is that there can be side-effects.
How Can Homeopathy help treat Oral Lichen Planus?
If a person suffering from oral lichen planus is not getting the desired results from allopathy or Ayurveda, then he/she can go for homeopathy treatment as it is fast emerging as an alternative to treat oral lichen planus.
One of the main reasons for choosing homeopathy treatment is because it is one of the safest forms of treatment and as oral lichen planus involves sensitive areas like the mouth, it always helps to be careful.
Read more: Homeopathy Treatment for Oral Lichen Planus
Homeopathic treatment is best suited for skin diseases as it removes the disease from the roots and tries to find a proper cure. The problem with other forms of treatment is that they only reduce the symptoms but do not offer any concrete solution.This is exactly the reason as to why homeopathic treatment is considered to offer a much better cure as compared to other forms of medicines.
Pulmonary hypertension is a kind of high blood pressure that results in serious consequences on arteries in the lungs and right side of the heart.
The tiny arteries in the lungs known as pulmonary arterioles and capillaries get narrowed or blocked in one form of pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the blood flow gets affected and raises pressure within the lung’s arteries. So, as the pressure increases, the heart’s lower right chamber (right ventricle) has to take the extra load of pumping the blood through the lungs, which results in weakening and failure of the heart muscles.
To understand it in a better way. Let’s understand..
What is pulmonary fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is a disease of the lungs that occurs due to damaged lung tissues. The lung tissues get thick and stiff, making it too tough for the lungs to function properly. As the condition of the patient gets worse they experience shortness of breath.
The damaging of lung tissues can cause by many factors. But when the reason not defined, such a condition is called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Pulmonary hypertension is a serious health issue that can become more fatal in time. Some forms of pulmonary hypertension are non-curable, although treatment can lessen the pain and improve health.
Signs and symptoms:
The signs and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension are hard to recognize in the beginning. The symptoms are traced after months, or even after years. Symptoms are as follows:
- Dyspnea, shortness of breath. In the initial phase, it may happen during exercise but later, at rest too
- Chest pain
- Lips and skin turning blue
- Swelling in ankles, legs, and later in the abdomen
- Increase in pulse or heart palpitations
5 types of pulmonary hypertension:
Pulmonary fibrosis is a type of pulmonary hypertension. Basically, these categorized into five groups, depending on its root causes:
(1) Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Its cause is unknown at times. It is called idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension, a specific gene mutation that can cause pulmonary hypertension to develop in families
- Certain illegal drugs
- Heart abnormality since birth
(2) Left-sided heart diseases
- Failure of the left ventricle of the heart
- Mitral valve or aortic valve diseases
(3) HP caused by lung disease
- Emphysema, chronic disobliging pulmonary diseases
- Pulmonary fibrosis is a type of this group, causing scarring in the tissue
- Traveling to high altitudes for a long time can be risky for people who have pulmonary hypertension
(4) Affected by a chronic blood clot
- Pulmonary emboli (blood clot in the lungs)
(5) Other situations where the cause is unknown
- A disorder caused by blood
- Sarcoidosis, that affects many organs in the body
- Glycogen storage diseases, caused by an enzyme deficiency
- Tumors affecting the arteries
Pulmonary hypertension is a serious health issue that needs to be addressed as early as possible. It is difficult to know or recognize the symptoms but it is important to keep a check on it. Pulmonary hypertension is not curable but its effects can be mitigated and a better life is attained. Here, the signs and symptoms will help you to understand the diseases. Moreover, the 5 groups of pulmonary hypertension, along with an explanation of pulmonary fibrosis given above to help you understand more about the issue.
Read more: Homeopathy Treatment for Lung Fibrosis
Homeopathic treatment for pulmonary fibrosis is aimed at preventing further damage to lung tissue. Many homeopathic medicines are used on the affected individuals so as to improve their quality of life which is exactly what is done by Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre. The doctors at CHHC make use of the appropriate combination of medicine along with correct dosages and periodic guidance to the users with an effective treatment.
Migraine causes constant pain in one side of the brain and it is usually accompanied by nausea, vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine lasts for hours and is very painful, it is tough to handle it as one feels the brain is bursting. Especially if at work, it becomes very difficult to concentrate.
Migraine without aura:
Migraine without aura, also called common migraine, is one of the migraine types which as the name suggests, is very common. It accounts for 75% of the migraines. This type of migraine is difficult to handle and it causes a lot of problems. The pain is so bad that one cannot do his/her daily activities. Migraine without aura does not have the early symptoms that few experiences before the migraine attack, like dizziness, blurred vision, confusion, and weakness.
Migraine without aura causes:
There are many theories as to understand why migraine happens to people. It is believed that genetic and environmental conditions play a role in a migraine attack. Migraines are genetically passed on by family. There is also a link between smells, stress, other things in the environment with migraines. According to scientists, “a wave of nerve cell activity spreads across the brain and excites the trigeminal nerve. This excitation causes the release of a variety of neurotransmitters which causes a change in the size of the blood vessels releasing more neurotransmitters and ultimately causing an inflammatory process and pain.”
Migraines are often experienced in childhood and become severe in the adolescence. It gradually grows in adulthood. But as the age grows and crosses over 50 years, migraine headaches are reduced.
Migraine symptoms are quite noticeable. Migraine headache lasts for about 4 to 72 hours and it is horrible pain. The pain occurs on the front side of the head or either side of the head. The symptoms of migraine are:
- Throbbing pain in the head
- Sensitivity to noise, smell, and light
- Skin paleness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark circles
The sufferer who is experiencing the migraine for the first time will be left confused as to what is happening and he/she will get an idea that something is bad.
Treatment for migraine without aura has two primary goals: mitigate the symptoms and prevent future migraine headaches. Homeopathy treatment for migraine is as follows:
- Belladonna: It is safe and it frees the sufferer from headache with sensitivity to light and sound.
- Bryonia: This treatment is helpful when a sufferer is suffering from splitting headaches. During this period the pain is unbearable, accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Gelsemium: This remedy is useful when a person is experiencing a headache at the base of the head, usually because of stress.
- Glonoinum: The remedy is helpful with headaches with a feeling of heat or aggravated by heat.
- Ignatia: This type of treatment is for people who experience migraines after emotional ups and downs. The headache is acute on either one side of the head and feels like someone is hammering a nail in the head.
- Iris versicolor: High-level migraine attack with blurred vision that grows towards other parts of the face can be healed by this treatment.
- Natrum muriaticum: This remedy relieves pain from migraine attacks that are affected by grief or emotional imbalance. It may occur just before or after the menstrual period.
- Sanguinaria: This remedy helps sufferer who experiences migraines with stress in the neck and shoulder extended to the forehead. The headache is relieved after passing of gas, vomiting or after sleep.
- Sepia: This treatment is for left-sided migraines accompanied by nausea and dizziness, worse when meals are skipped and near the menstrual period. The pain is often experienced in shock or jerks.
- Silicea: This remedy is migraines that occur after mental exertion or menstrual cycle. Usually, the pain is at the backside of the head and extending to the forehead later. The person may prefer staying indoors in warm, dark places.