PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) or PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a disease caused by multiple cysts (small sacs filled with fluid) in the ovaries. Patients with PCOD have abnormal levels of hormones that result in irregular menses and infertility.
Lack of awareness and lifestyle changes are two major factors leading to this phenomenon. PCOD has now become a common health problem that affects teenage girls and young women. In India, nearly 40% of women are affected by PCOD. Although, only 60% report to hospitals for treatment, when they recognize that they are suffering from infertility.
Up to 40% of women with PCOD develop either impaired glucose tolerance or type 2 diabetes by age 40 as reported in the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2000.
What causes PCOD?
- Raised level of Testosterone – Higher than normal levels of androgens in women can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs during the menstrual cycle. Excess androgen is produced by the theca cells of the ovaries, due to hyperinsulinemia or increased luteinizing hormone (LH) levels.
- Low levels of Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG) – A protein in the blood, which binds to testosterone and reduces the effect of testosterone.
- Raised levels of Prolactin – Prolactin is a hormone that stimulates the breast glands to produce milk during pregnancy.
- High levels of Insulin – A hormone that helps convert sugars and starches into energy. If you have insulin resistance, your ability to use insulin effectively is impaired, and also your pancreas has to secrete more insulin to make glucose available to cells also called hyperinsulinemia. Excess insulin might also affect the ovaries by increasing androgen production, which may interfere with the ovaries’ ability to ovulate.
The cause of PCOD is unknown, but studies suggest a strong genetic component that is affected by gestational environment, lifestyle factors or both. Women who have PCOD are at an increased risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and pre-diabetes, endometrial cancer, heart attack, hypertension, high levels of low-density lipoprotein and low levels of high-density lipoprotein.
Diet for PCOD
The Polycystic ovarian disease is a common hormonal disorder found in one out of 10 women.
- Hydrate yourself well with a minimum of 2-3 liters of water, coconut water, buttermilk, vegetable soups and smoothies. Avoid aerated drinks and sugary foods.
- Your diet should consist of lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat unsaturated fats and avoid consuming saturated and hydrogenated fats in your diet.
- Consume whole wheat products like wheat pasta. Avoid maida.
- Include natural herbs in your diet like flax seeds, methi seeds, coriander, cinnamon.
- Include millet, ragi, oats etc. Eat walnuts and almonds.
- Maintain a low salt diet to avoid water retention.
- Exercise 30-40 minutes daily.
PCOD is the most common hormonal reproductive problem in women of childbearing age. The most important step is to diagnose the condition in time and provide proper treatment for PCOD so that it will help to reduce a girl’s or young woman’s chances of having serious side effects later on.
How can Homeopathy help?
The human body has been perfectly enabled by nature to keep itself disease-free. It is only when the immunity or its own internal vitality is deranged that the body becomes incapable of keeping itself disease-free. Therefore, Homeopathy tries to restore the balance of that vitality. Once the vitality regains its original balance, it is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
- Homeopathic medicines correct the hormonal imbalance & neutralize its negative effects.
- The cysts dissolve gradually and can be checked in the next f/u after 3-6 months of starting the treatment, by repeating the USG pelvis.
- The menstrual cycle gets regularized. Other complaints, including acne and hair growth on the face, are also taken care of.
- It opens the possibility of becoming fertile in the future for women to bear pregnancy.
Dr. Mahavrat’s Homoeopathic treatment has no side effects and holistically treats individuals. Homoeopathic medicines can modify general tendencies, thus helping to cure the conditions.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica refers to pain that begins in the lower back and travels down the lower limbs traversing the root of the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the human body. It marks its beginning in the lower back and runs down the hips, back of legs and down to the feet. There is one sciatic nerve on either side of the body and any one of them may be involved when pain is experienced. Irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve leads to sciatica.
What causes Sciatica?
The main causes of sciatica are pinching, compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve. This pinching or compression may result from a disc bulge or a herniated disc in the lower spine. Other causes of sciatic nerve compression are degeneration of the spinal disc, stenosis (narrowing) of the spinal canal, bone spurs, spondylolisthesis (dislocated vertebra), piriformis syndrome and compression of the sciatic nerve from a tumor in the spine.
What are the signs and symptoms of Sciatica?
When pain in the lower back radiates down in either of the legs is the sign that you have sciatica. The pain may be dull, tearing, shooting, lancinating or electric shock-like in nature. Few other symptoms that persist are numbness, tingling, burning sensation, or weakness in the affected side of the lower limb. Standing or sitting for long worsens the pain. Lying down or walking relieves the symptoms. Doctors usually prescribe investigations such as x-rays, MRI, CT scan, EMG i.e. Electromyography.
How can Homeopathy help?
Homeopathy is a very advanced science equipped to treat sciatica. Homeopathic medicines can help in healing acute as well as chronic sciatica naturally without any side-effects.
Homeopathic medicines are extremely effective and have the power to treat even severe cases of sciatica and avoid surgical procedures. However, the extent of benefit from these medicines will be based on factors such as duration, intensity, and cause of sciatica. Spinal surgery can be avoided in a large number of cases. Some well recognized homeopathic medicines for sciatica pain are colocynthis, magnesia phosphorica, gnaphalium polycephalum, arnica, Rhus tox, and cotyledon.
Can lifestyle changes help treat Sciatica?
Lifestyle changes can truly help in managing sciatica pain and to an extent help it can heal fast when accompanied by homeopathic medicines. It is very important to have a correct posture while you sit and stand which can help to reduce the stress and pain on your back. Avoid forward or backward bending, lifting heavyweights and prolonged sitting and standing. Reduce your body weight, avoid high heels and quitting smoking. To further reduce pain, warm applications in the affected area are advised. Sleeping on a firm mattress is also recommended. Stretching exercises and physiotherapy also hasten the positive effects of homeopathic medicines on sciatica pain and help the condition to heal faster.
Dr. Mahavrat Cosmic Homeo Healing Centre, Vadodara provides the best homeopathic treatments for treating sciatica. Visit our website to know more about our treatments and facilities.
Hearing loss results in one’s inability to hear. It can be of two types – complete or partial. It is mostly seen in elderly people, which is known as Presbycusis. Hearing Loss can be caused by factors such as –
- Congenital (present at birth)
- Acquired (comes later in life).
Deafness can be described in three categories such as mild, moderate and profound depending on the severity of hearing loss.
Signs & Symptoms of Hearing loss
- Difficulty in understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd.
- Trouble hearing consonants
- Muffling of speech and other sounds
- Frequently asking others to speak slowly, clearly and loudly
- Frequent need to turn up the volume of the television or radio
- Withdrawal from conversations
- Avoidance of social setting
How can Homeopathy help?
Homeopathy can prove efficient in treating cases of deafness of varying intensities, causes and types. The natural homeopathic remedies for hearing loss are safe and have no side effects. Homeopathy can work as a mode of treatment that supports the body’s own healing mechanism. A few of the amazing remedies that are suggested for treating hearing loss are Belladonna, Spigelia, etc.
Homeopathic treatments for deafness can help to improve the quality of life. It can help you to gain your lost confidence and renew a positive outlook towards life.
Dr. Mahavrat with his expertise and vast knowledge will surely help you to get the best hearing loss treatment. You can book an appointment by visiting our website today!
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Our lungs are exposed to a number of injurious substances, such as irritant gases discharged in the atmosphere and many kinds of airborne organic and inorganic particles. Severe pulmonary injury can cause pulmonary fibrosis.
Fibrosis thickening of alveolar septa can make the lungs rigid and can lead to restricting of normal respiratory excursions. This can also affect the diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide between alveolar air and pulmonary capillaries. Further pulmonary fibrosis causes progressive disability.
Symptoms of Pulmonary Fibrosis
Symptoms include dyspnea, cough, chest tightness and fatigue. Clinical signs include crackles on auscultation of the chest and signs of pulmonary hypertension.
Homeopathic treatment of Pulmonary with Individualized Medicine
Homeopathy is considered as one of the most popular holistic systems of medicines. The selection of the remedy is based on individualization and symptom similarity by using a holistic approach. Homeopathic medicines can help to remove all the signs and symptoms and regain complete health. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat pulmonary fibrosis but to address the underlying cause behind pulmonary fibrosis and individual susceptibility.
Several homeopathic remedies are available for treating the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, you can contact us and get the best treatment.
Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Pain is a common problem among people these days. The problem occurs more in women than in men. This normally occurs when fascia gets inflamed because of stress. The pain normally occurs when you put first step after resting position and stretch the feet upwards while getting up from the bed.
The pain is sometimes is so severe that it becomes impossible to put the heel on floor while rising from sitting position. The factors which can cause heel pain are excessive pressure on foot, long-standing posture on hard surface and obesity among others.
Plantar fascia is a thick flat band of ligament or tissue that starts from heel bone and ends to toe base. It supports the foot arch. Plantar fasciitis is not caused because of an inflammatory condition of plantar fascia. It is actually a non-inflammatory micro tear of fascia resulting from overstressing on the surface.
Advantages of Homeopathic Treatment
Homeopathic medicines are very effective in treating heel pain. Heel pain due to high uric acid, inflammation of tendons/joints/fascia and bone spurs are curable with homeopathy. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side-effects and are safe.
They help in chronic and acute heel pain. They stop the recurrence of disease from the root. The pain is completely eradicated as the healing system of the body is strengthened. Homeopathic medicines are safe among all age groups for treating heel pain.
Medicines for Heel Pain
The four medicines which can relieve the heel pain are Calcarea Flour, Colchicum, Aranea Diadema and Rhus Tox. Rhus Tox is effective for rheumatoid arthritis, plantar fasciitis and heel pain from tendinitis. Rhus tox also treats heel pain from prolonged standing, running, overstraining and overstretching the structures of feet. Colchicum is suitable for heel pain from gout. Aranea Diadema and Calcarea Flour are effective fro heel pain from spurs.
Some Other Alternates for Curing Heel Pain
- Do not stand for a long time on a hard surface
- Apply both ice and warm water alternatively for treating the pain. Fill one tub with warm and other with cold water. Dip your foot in warm water for 1 to 2 minutes and then dip in cold water for 1 to 2 minutes. Do it 5 to 6 times daily before sleeping.
- Women normally cook and do other household work which results in standing for long periods. It is not advisable to stand for a long period in this case and take a break after every few minutes. You can use silicon pads with the shoes. Although our culture does not allow shoes in the kitchen, a show with silicon pads can be kept for use only in the kitchen.
- There are exercises like toe exercise and towel exercise which can relieve the heel pain. Toe exercise is done by sitting on a chair and extending your affected leg so that the heel is on the floor. Pull your big toe up and back with the hand. Pull towards your ankle and away from the floor. Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise several times in a day with 2 to 4 times in one session.
- Towel stretch is done by rolling a towel under the ball of the foot and holding it at both ends. Pull the towel towards you by keeping the knee straight Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) is a hormonal disorder occurring in women. The disorder is also called Stein – Leventhal Syndrome. The name is derived from two American gynacs Michael L Leventhal and Irvin F Stein who described this disease in 1935.
PCOD is a name given to particular set of symptoms that occurs when there are hormonal imbalances in a woman’s body. The symptoms of PCOD include no or late periods, heavy bleeding during periods, growth of facial hair, weight gain, acne, pain in pelvic region and difficulty in getting pregnant.
The disorder occurs between the ages of 18 and 44 and around 5 to 10% of women get affected by the disease. PCOD patients have cysts in their ovaries. The cysts result in hormonal disturbances. Deficiency or excess of a hormone can affect other hormones. In PCOD, the level of androgen is more than normal.
Androgens are male hormones which are present in small quantity in females. When the level increases, it causes late menstruation. The ovulation cycle gets disrupted and ovulation might be delayed or do not happen. Facial hair and hair on other parts of the body start growing in females which are otherwise not present.
The exact cause of PCOD is unknown. It might run in families. Obesity can also cause PCOD. Thus, regular exercise can tend to reduce the symptoms of PCOD in overweight individuals. Diabetes or insulin resistance can also trigger PCOD. The symptoms of PCOD include excess of male hormones, irregular menses, obesity, fertility issues, cysts in ovaries and skin discoloration.
The complications of PCOD are high cholesterol levels, metabolic syndrome, depression, infertility, cancer, type 2 diabetes and sleep apnoea. One should not consume oral contraceptives for treating PCOD. Homeopathy is perhaps the best treatment of PCOD as it cures the root of the disease. Homeopathy restores natural vitality of the body. Once the vitality is restored, the body starts functioning at the normal pace.
The five best homeopathic medicines for the treatment of PCOD are Graphites, Sepia, Pulsatilla, ApisMellifica and Lachesis. The prescription of medicines might differ from person to person and one should not experiment with the medicines on their own. Many other medicines apart from the above-mentioned medicines are also recommended to treat PCOD.
Interstitial lung disease includes many disorders like sarcoidosis, asbestosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. They can cause continuous fibrosis or scarring of tissues surrounding air sacs in the lungs. The scarring can cause your lung to stiffen and leads to difficulty in breathing.
The symptoms of the disease are shortness of breath at rest or due to exertion, dry cough, weight loss, weakness, chest discomfort and loss of appetite. The lungs regenerate tissue to repair any kind of damage. However, in interstitial lung disease the normal process of repairing does not occur because of lung injury.
The tissue around the air sacs gets thickened and scarred which causes difficulty in breathing. Your lungs might get injured due to long time exposure to toxins and pollutants including Silica dust, Coal dust, Grain dust from framing radiation, Asbestos, Bird and animal droppings, Indoor hot tubs and bird proteins from chicken or pigeon.
Sometimes, few drugs can also do chronic damage to your lungs like heart medications, chemotherapy drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. Lung disease can also be caused by autoimmune disorders including Scleroderma, Rheumatoid arthritis, Polymyositis, Mixed connective tissue disease, Dermatomyositis and Sjogren’s syndrome.
Homeopathy is very useful in the treatment of lung fibrosis as it is customized according to the effects that the disease has on the body. It relieves symptoms like sharp pain in lungs, coughing with mucus and hemorrhaging in capillaries.
It slows down the continuous progression of disease and induces your immune system to restore damaged tissues and heal itself. There are no side effects of homeopathy on your body. Homeopathy can also help in treating the damage from side effects caused by conventional treatment.
If you visit a pulmonary specialist, he will prescribe medications like corticosteroids which is a medication for slowing down fibrosis and reducing stomach acid or you might be given artificial oxygen for easy breath. The last option is surgery. All the treatment options cannot reverse scarring in the lungs. In many cases, they don’t even stop the progression of disease.
The life expectancy of a person with any type of interstitial lung disease is 3 to 5 years. It is important to treat the disease early in order to avoid severe health complications. It is best that one should opt for homeopathic treatment of the disease because it is safe without any side effects.
Our body has an inbuilt defense mechanism called immune system which defends us against disease-causing organisms like bacteria, virus and fungus. In the absence of an immune system you can become a victim of tuberculosis because of microbes present in the air or harmful bacteria can enter your body while brushing the teeth.
The everyday harmful microbes and bacteria can be prevented by a strong immune system. A weak immune system can make us more prone to illness and infections caused due to microbes. People with low immunity can fall ill frequently and become a victim of pandemic outbreak. Homeopathy corrects your low immunity and helps in boosting it further.
Natural homeopathic medicine for immunity can help the body’s immune system to heal and defend itself. The symptoms of low immunity include slow wound healing, feeling tired every time, tummy troubles like gas, constipation and diarrhea, suffering from frequent common cold and hay fever and having frequent ear infections, pneumonia and sinusitis.
Low immunity can be caused due to lack of sleep, chronic stress, poor diet and sedentary lifestyle. Many medical disorders can also lead to weak immune system. The immunodeficiency disorders can be mild or severe and may be present from birth or occur from medical conditions like viral hepatitis, malnutrition, HIV, some medical treatments and some types of cancer.
Immunity can be increased by nutritious food, proper sleep and physical activity. However, if the infections are at the peak the measures might not be effective. Medical help might be required for fighting off the infections. Homeopathic medicines can boost your immune system naturally without any side-effects.
Homeopathy works at level of immunity and not only provides symptomatic relief but provides long-lasting relief, strengthens immunity naturally, reduces infection recurrence, develops natural defenses against disease-causing organisms, treats root cause of frequent illness including low immunity and is both curative and preventive.
Along with medicine, it is important to have a healthy lifestyle. Some of the tips which can help you in practicing a healthy lifestyle are:
- Practice Yoga
- Quit Smoking
- Deep Breathing Exercises for Stress
- Maintain a healthy weight and exercise regularly
- Drink moderate alcohol if you cannot survive without drinks
- Sleep for 6-8 hours
- Follow basic hygiene rules
- Eat healthy food that is rich in Vitamin C like oranges, amla and lemons. They help in natural immunity boost.
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus, the name itself sounds interesting. This is a medical condition where a person experiences noises in his/her ear, without any external factors. This noise can be heard either in one ear or both ears. When a person experiences this condition, it is a difficult time for them as they are always listening to some noise in their ears and to go about their daily routine in such a condition is highly difficult. This condition is known to affect 15-20 percent of the population. Tinnitus is not a disorder in itself; it is an indicator of any other condition like ear injury, circulatory system disorder, ear loss with advancing age.
When people are diagnosed with this condition, one of the symptoms they experience is “change of side or ear” from which they can hear the sound. People have also experienced changes to the intensity, pitch, volume, and type of sound, which they hear. In some cases, people also experience symptoms like vertigo, hearing difficulties, ear discharge and a sense of fullness/heaviness in the ears.
As tinnitus is not considered much of a disorder, most people with this condition tend to ignore all the symptoms. That, however, is not the correct approach as it is an indicator of something else being wrong. People experiencing these noises should consult a doctor as soon as possible for early diagnosis and treatment.
Conditions leading to tinnitus
Experts believe that tinnitus is not a disorder in itself but a result of any underlying condition. Some of the possible conditions are: extended exposure to noise, old-age related hearing loss, Meniere’s disease, high blood pressure, head/neck injuries, large quantities of ear wax, ear infections, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems, high stress levels and alcohol addiction.
Homeopathy Treatment for Tinnitus
While there are many ways of treating tinnitus, many people are turning towards homeopathy medicines to help reduce the tinnitus symptoms and therefore, offer a cure for the condition in the long term. Some of the commonly used homeopathy treatments for tinnitus include:
- Kali Mur- Among homeopathic medicines, kali mur is the best recommended natural medicine to offer relief from tinnitus. This medicine is used when there is lot of mucus discharge from the nose/throat area. The medicine also helps to treat popping and crackling sounds associated with tinnitus. Persons with long standing problems of ear discharges or Otorrhea can also seek relief with this type of homeopathy treatment.
- Natrum Salicylicum- This is another homeopathy medicine widely used to treat tinnitus and vertigo. This medicine is specially used to cure tinnitus, which develops due to Meniere’s disease. People with symptoms like ear noises, hearing loss and also those having vertigo must definitely make use of this homeopathy medicine to secure some relief. Tinnitus patients are subject to light sounds, which are heard all the time. Vertigo patients, on the other hand, suffer serious spells while sitting or getting up from bed.
- Graphites Naturalis: This homeopathy medicine is mainly utilized to cure the symptoms of somatic tinnitus, which become severe if there is head or jaw movement. People with this form of tinnitus usually experience hissing, buzzing, whistling or roaring sounds. They are also known to experience jammed ears and ear dryness in this situation.
There is no permanent cure for tinnitus problem till now but only effective treatment found in homeopathic medicine—natural remedies made from diluted extracts of plants and minerals.
What is molluscum contagiosum?
Mainly affecting young children, molluscum contagiosum is a skin infection, which is spread through both direct contacts or by sharing things. When a child contracts molluscum contagiosum, then he/she gets benign bumps or balls on the skin. Parents may fear that the bumps are painful, but they are harmless. These bumps do disappear eventually but take their own sweet time. In most cases, the bumps will be present from a time period ranging from two months to four years. Extreme care must be taken care during this period to ensure that the child is comfortable and free of any kind of infection.
Let us now take a closer look at the benign bumps caused by this skin condition. They are skin coloured, smooth textured, waxy to touch, and umbilicated papules measuring 2-10 mm in diameter. These tiny bumps appear mainly on the face, stomach torso, arms and legs of kids. In the case of adults, these bumps can be found in the inner thigh, genitals and abdomen. It is generally seen that people with lesser immunity are more vulnerable to this form of skin infection. In them, the bumps are larger measuring 15 millimetres in diameter and are seen more prominently on the face.
Causes and Risk Factors of Molluscum Contagiosum
Now that we have got an understanding of what is molluscum contagiosum, let us take a look at what causes this skin infection. It is triggered if a child/adult comes in contact with the contagious virus. The average incubation period for this infection is around two to seven weeks and it is only then the symptoms will start to show. Among children, the infection spreads by touching the bumps on the skin. If they are taking part in any sports events, the virus can spread through contaminated towels, sportswear and equipment.
Among adults, skin infection is mostly spread through sexual contact. Both in children and adults, the infection spreads from one person to another by touching, scratching or touching the affected parts of the body.
While everyone is at risk of contracting molluscum contagiosum, a certain category of people is more suspectable. These include children aged 1-10 years, residents of tropical countries, people who have undergone organ transplants/cancer treatment, sportspersons and lastly people suffering from atopic dermatitis.
Homeopathy treatment for Molluscum Contagiosum
Generally, people with molluscum contagiosum wait for the bumps to go away on its own. However, if it doesn’t, they seek treatment, which usually includes cryotherapy, curettage, laser therapy, and topical therapy. However, some patients are not happy with these modes of treatment so they opt for homeopathy treatment for molluscum contagiosum. Some of the most common homeopathy treatment for molluscum contagiosum includes:
- Silicea: This homeopathy medicine is used to treat skin eruptions with heavy pus. In such cases, the itching takes place only during the day or evening. The patients are usually advised to dress warmly as this will help with the treatment.
- Thuja: This homeopathy medicine is mainly used to cure wart-like wounds in the anogenital area. It also is a left-sided and chilly medicine for people who are emotionally sensitive.
- Sulphur: This is another good type of homeopathy treatment, where-in it is used to treat parts where the skin is rough, coarse and measly. It also helps to cure pustular eruptions, dryness and scalp heat, combined with severe itching and soreness. Sulphur is especially useful in the night when one feels scratching and soreness on the pores.
- Tuberculinum: If a child/adult is suffering from molluscum contagiosum, then they can be administered tuberculinum as it can offer relief if used as an intercurrent.
Thus, these are a few ways in which homeopathy treatments can help those suffering from molluscum contagiosum. You can also opt the same type of treatment from cosmic homeo healing centre located in Vadodara.